• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109a3 rear door lock

Dixon77

For the M109a3 campers:
What have you done for a locking handle for the rear barn doors? I pulled the 2 floor/ceiling rods out and now I just have the handle.
Is there a direct replacement you've found that has a key lock?
Thanks!

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the M109a3 campers:
What have you done for a locking handle for the rear barn doors? I pulled the 2 floor/ceiling rods out and now I just have the handle.
Is there a direct replacement you've found that has a key lock?
Thanks!
I copied off of peashooter who says in post 28 of his build thread that he copied off of someone else. But it works great and retains the security of having all 3 latches. Just make sure you cut the padlock tab off the outside so no one can lock you in.

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 888821 View attachment 888822

I was out by the truck today so I took a couple pictures of my lock setup. If you haven't thrown those inside rods away you could do this fairly easily. I remember it being a straight forward install.
That is pretty clever. I’ll have to try and see if something like that will work on my shelter build.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks