• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m109a3 recovery suggestions

lawdog1623

obviously on my upcoming recovery i have two choices: drive it or ship it. Its about 450 miles and im really wanting to haul the truck as opposed to driving it. Im sure that by hauling it i can save a considerable amount of money over having it shipped on a larger truck. Has anyone shipped a truck on a backhaul recently? Does anyone know a ballpark figure on what i will be looking at to have a trucker pick it up and bring it to me if he happens to be passing through? I was hoping to see if someone was coming this way and could cut a lot off the price of the transport if they didnt have to drive up specifically to get this truck. Any ideas?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could try Uship and see if you get any replies there.
The problem with the M109 is that it will have to be on a step deck trailer, I think.

Good luck with the recovery!!

lawdog1623

yes, i listed it on uship and stated my preference for a back haul. There havent been any bids yet. I spoke with a pro trucking company and they told me that it wouldnt require any permits as long as it was on a step deck. I calculated that it would cost me about 300 in gas to just drive it. My job and current obligations are making it difficult for me to get to the location and pick it up. I had hoped if someone would do it for around 600 i would pay the extra just to remove myself from the time away and the headache. I dont think that is a realistic figure but im just not familiar enough with the costs per mile to know though.

91W350

I think most guys are looking for 3.50 a loaded mile now, with the fuel price down a little, maybe you can find somebody to do it for 3.25. We charge our own company 3.50. Glen

Gruemeyer

obviously on my upcoming recovery i have two choices: drive it or ship it. Its about 450 miles and im really wanting to haul the truck as opposed to driving it. Im sure that by hauling it i can save a considerable amount of money over having it shipped on a larger truck. Has anyone shipped a truck on a backhaul recently? Does anyone know a ballpark figure on what i will be looking at to have a trucker pick it up and bring it to me if he happens to be passing through? I was hoping to see if someone was coming this way and could cut a lot off the price of the transport if they didnt have to drive up specifically to get this truck. Any ideas?

HI I just had mine shipped 440 miles from Wi to INdy.. $1080.00

jaymcb

Going up the eastern corridor, about 400 miles I got a quote for almost 1500. By the time I added in the 2 trips down (1 by air), hotel, fuel, food, etc, it would have been cheaper.

However, driving it back on a 400+ mile trip with my 8-year old doing 'man stuff' is priceless.

If you're going to drive it, make sure it's safe.....and good luck.

lawdog1623

looks live ive found a buddy who wants to help with the recovery. We got a truck and a trailer and were gonna head out next weekend. Thanks for the suggestions and god bless

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks