• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109A3 RV Conversion

Clay James

Quick. Sneak a pic of that '48 in here before anyone notices... :driver:
She isn't purdy enough yet but she will be soon :) It's an F6 flatbed truck.

You do realize the more you put on SS in writing in full view of everyone - there are folks out there reading this as well that you might NOT want to see what you have and stuff in your truck !!!! just saying.

No doubt you have some awesome work going on there - but there is some stuff posted that there is NWH I would ever state what - where I have it in my truck or how it was done.
I hear ya. You're probably talking about the gun storage. I've definitely thought about that. There's a reason I left out what guns go there and I figured if someone were to ever make it in my truck and was looking for long gun storage it wouldn't take long to figure out the only place they could be. That stuff will be secured in ways I won't mention though.

Clay James

It's a civilian 24 volt alternator on brackets made by tm america. I'm going to add a 12 volt alternator later and get rid of the inverter. I'm planning on making it so the alternator can charge the battery bank I'm installing on the box and have it so I can start the truck off that bank if the truck batteries were to die. IMG_6250.jpg

Last edited:

zout

Clay your truck is looking great Sir. Keep your pics coming.
Was just mentioning before - what "secret" stuff you have in your box really needs to be looked at before posting to the world - but I am sure you know what I mean.

Only ones that will totally know what I have in the box will be the person I ever sell it to. Couple folks know some of what is in there.

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey there Clay. Just found your thread, really nice 109. Recently got my 109, I have a lot of plans for it. Picked up some good ideas from you. Thanks, keep up the good work. Scott

Clay James

Hey there Clay. Just found your thread, really nice 109. Recently got my 109, I have a lot of plans for it. Picked up some good ideas from you. Thanks, keep up the good work. Scott
Thanks!
Nice work Clayton! Can't believe hadn't seen this build thread before. Happy to hook you up with that cabover rack. Couldn't have found a better home.
Thanks! That rack will be a big step forward on this project since that's where I'm putting the A/C stuff and battery bank.