• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109a3

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found a M109a3 Multifuel for sale. Not sure on the year, it was abandon at a storage for years, owner never returned. Tires look very new 11.00-20 stack has a muffler, some rust on the side of the box, needs batteries. The big issue is it has no title. It's from North Carolina but been parked in Colorado sense 2013. I'm thinking about buying it myself but not sure if it's worth $8500 or not. What should I look for with the van trucks?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are in Texas just do a simple bonded title. If you have to have it transported from Colorado to Texas, be aware these have to ride on drop deck trailers which bring a premium in the trucking business.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
$8500 is too much for an M109A3 unless it is MINT. They are not very common, but they are out there if you look. I've bought them from private sellers in the $5500-6500 range and those trucks were very clean (rust free) with turbo engines and good rubber, along with clear titles. I'd hold off on it.

fpchief

If the box has no rust at the seams on the roof, and on the edge of roof where it meets that drip rail....and runs good it may be worth $6k...if it has rust holes which is very possible plan on ripping Interior out. Be very very careful on buying a M109A3.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WHOA, cowboy! ! !

For 8,500 $mackaroos you should be demanding a transferrable title or other LEGAL paperwork in order to PROVE OWNERSHIP of your purchase. If the "seller" has not FIRST established HIS LEGITIMATE AUTHIRITY to "sell" this vehicle, then it is NOT his truck to offer "For Sale".

MAKE HIM first go through the process - if it is indeed "abandoned at storage" - to obtain a "mechanic's lien" of whatever other LEGAL assertion of "ADVERSE POSSESSION" (this is a LEGAL TERM) is applicable in Colorado in order for him to sell it to you.

Absent of successful execution by HIM to do this amounts to some degree of THEFT of the vehicle from the current LEGAL OWNER.

As mentioned, yes in Texas a Bonded Title "could be" a viable option to you. However, for the HUGE PRICE being asked for this vehicle you should be making this guy invest HIS time and effort in assuring the the truck REALLY BECOMES YOURS "for keeps".

(Disclaimer: I am NOT an attorney. Nor am I attempting to render professional legal advice or consultation. I AM merely a lay citizen expressing my personal opinions of hobby matters based upon my personal understanding of applicable laws of which I have become familiar.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks