• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109a4

Patgonia53

I am looking at an M109A4 ... what is the difference between A3 and A4... I know the A4 has the Cummins diesel and allison automatic transmission...

Does it have POWER STEERING ??? any other differences ???

And what should a relatively newly referberd on go for ???

Thanks for the help..

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
air assist steering, super singles, dual brake system, better seat.
...also, back up lights, side markers and rear marker lights, electric wiper motor upgrade, three point seat belts, Allison auto tranny. Significant improvements in my opinion, but they cost 2x as much.

jaymcb

I am looking at an M109A4 ... what is the difference between A3 and A4... I know the A4 has the Cummins diesel and allison automatic transmission...

Does it have POWER STEERING ??? any other differences ???

And what should a relatively newly referberd on go for ???

Thanks for the help..
My 1998 came out of GL @ Ft. Meade. It had 460 miles on the clock when i bought it.

It will need tires, batteries, and a thorough PM, to start. I had to get a replacement CTIS controller, and I still need to service the airpack dryer.

I stopped counting when I hit 10K on mine in costs. (Don't tell me wife :lol:)