• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101 Axle Replacement options

Sinkingmoose

Hello all, while not new to the forum this is my first post. I am in Dallas Texas and love my trailer. However I have recently had a bearing failure damage my axle and spindle on my 2009 schutt M1101 trailer and am in need of a new axle. The trailer is out of state at a repair shop and I will be replacing all hubs and breaks as well in this process. I am looking to see what others have done as far as new axles for the trailer. I am looking to stay on a Torsion axle setup. I know Dexter makes the tor-flex axles but so far I have been unable to locate anyone who can confirm if these axles will mount without too much modification and what axle dimensions I would need to order. The current answer from multiple sources seems to be a custom axle with all new parts that will cost more than the trailer was purchased for. If anyone has replaced an axle on the m1101/m1102 please let me know what you used and how you did it. Thank you all!

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome!

Brand new military issue M1101 axle sets, including brakes, are available on eBay.
At least as of a week ago.

Post your needs in the parts wanted forum if your looking for an exact replacement.
You will be amazed on what some guys have laying around.

Lota of guys have swapped axles on these.so someone will chime in soon on what they used.

Squall Line

I have a axle out of a 09 M1101 with under 100 miles on it in Savannah I need to move. I am using it for a truck bed and have removed it. A bit far but let me know if you need it.

Sinkingmoose

Thank you but I have bought two used axles. One is being shipped to the shop to install on my trailer and the other to me for a refurbish project so I have a spare in the garage or another trailer. I did talk to schutt about the axle bearings and have confirmed that this trailer uses 14125A and 25580 For bearings. The grease seal part numbers are 22532 and 412920, are correct as well. I will be changing to all new Timken bearings and hopefully new drums and fresh breaks when I can find what exactly to use. Thank you all for your help.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you but I have bought two used axles. One is being shipped to the shop to install on my trailer and the other to me for a refurbish project so I have a spare in the garage or another trailer. I did talk to schutt about the axle bearings and have confirmed that this trailer uses 14125A and 25580 For bearings. The grease seal part numbers are 22532 and 412920, are correct as well. I will be changing to all new Timken bearings and hopefully new drums and fresh breaks when I can find what exactly to use. Thank you all for your help.
So your no longer looking for a axle ?
[h=1]Wanted M1101/M1102 axle[/h]