• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101 - LTT-HC Trailer Recovery

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up my M1101-HC chassis trailer today from Mechanicsburg with the M1008. Smooth sailing. Brand new HMMVEE tires. Mold nubbies still on the TREAD much less the sidewall. Perfect condition. Data plate on the one fender indicates it was previously the proud supporter of a steam pressure washer. What I can't figure out is why it was released. Especially in such fantastic shape. Pulled really well behind the M1008. Didn't know it was back there. It's light at only 1200 pounds, so on big bumps it would bounce, but otherwise, it's a great trailer. Very pleased.

I asked the GL site man there about the hold on Deuces. He confirmed it's due to the gauges as we all knew. What was interesting is the multiple rumors GL is hearing (at least at his level) regarding the outcome. The Demil code may have changed, but the hold is still on. One of the options is to destroy all trucks with those gauges. Which is what he was told was a real possibility. Other options he's heard were to remove said gauges. Or, like some of my trucks years ago, just provide a statement to end user letting them know about the gauges. Lots of nice trucks sitting and waiting their fate. But, that's just a GL site man. FWIW....

Pics of the 1101

Attachments

The most common brandname is the Silver Eagle, Flatdeck Extened LTT-FE model. Here is some info if you dont have a link: Flatdeck Extended LTT - FE

Most parts now can be purcahsed from Kascar, but at a high cost. Your better off going to Schut Industries. That is a very good deal to get your hands on that. I bought the damaged one at Fort Sam Hosuton GL. Waiting for my surge tank assy to pull it home.

Robert

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Silver Eagle MFG Corp. It's not the LTT-FE it's just the LTT-F. Without the plates on the deck. So just the frame. I wish it was the FE. Now that I've spent more time with it, I've come to the conclusion that it's never been used. The pressure washer that was mounted on it was removed for whatever reason then the trailer was sold. I can't understand why it was released unless they saw it as just a chassis and while in DRMO, no one knew what they could use it for, therefore no dept/agency snapped it up. Seems like a waste. good for me though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks