• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101 vs. M1102?

jd426426

Just Purchased an M1101.. Think I overpaid a little ( a little over $900 ) but need it from Spring clean up work and its a super clean trailer.. I guess thats why the prices are so high sometimes.
I had no problem getting my M105A2 at a very reasonable $340...

Anyway, Thanks for a Great Site... learning a LOT here.... big Shout out to SEWERZUK, great guy ... he answered my quesstions on youtube & told me about this site also, and gave me the Confidence to finally buy an MEP 004A gen Set , which i am also working on ...

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just Purchased an M1101.. Think I overpaid a little ( a little over $900 ) but need it from Spring clean up work and its a super clean trailer.. I guess thats why the prices are so high sometimes.
I had no problem getting my M105A2 at a very reasonable $340...

Anyway, Thanks for a Great Site... learning a LOT here.... big Shout out to SEWERZUK, great guy ... he answered my questions on youtube & told me about this site also, and gave me the Confidence to finally buy an MEP 004A gen Set , which i am also working on ...
Wow, MEP 004A is a big generator. What do you plan on doing with the 15KW capability?

jd426426

Wow, MEP 004A is a big generator. What do you plan on doing with the 15KW capability?

I need the 3 phase Power, for 2 big Wood Lathes which I plan on running at same time.. and another one which was shipped From Germany, and operates on 50HZ.. so killing birds with one stone there. But i know it won’t be so economical to run ( fuel wise) , long term.
The unit may be big, but i have the room, and the neighbors are far enough away so there won’t be any complaints.
Eventually i will go another route but it would serve my purpose for now just to get these machines up and running.
I can’t get 3 phase where I am . It would cost approx 15K just to bring it to my house ( 15 poles at 1K each ) ..as it was explained to me..

thanks for your question, and kind interest...

Hummermark

Hi thought I would tag on my question to this post.
the anti sagging plates that go between the bows, the fastener that holds them down is it a self tapping screw or threaded? as mine a m1102 appears to have a thread in the bows,also what head is the fasteners i.e. Hex,slotted.
thanks mark

millerm13

jumping in on this only because of the mention of the surge brake. How do you "lock out" the surge brake when backing up a hill? On the older models you slid a bolt thru a hole to lock it out.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
jumping in on this only because of the mention of the surge brake. How do you "lock out" the surge brake when backing up a hill? On the older models you slid a bolt thru a hole to lock it out.
You don’t lock those out.
The brakes are FreeBack style.
Meaning that you can backup a loaded trailer and the brakes will not engage.
Hence the lack of a lockout pin hole.

Dexter makes them and complete new brake assembly’s are available for the M101A2. Direct bolt on and no modification necessary.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks