• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101

Landbarger

Sounds like it's toast. I guess you'll need someone like me to come and get it out of your way...

Just kidding. Good luck with the trouble shooting. I hope it doesn't end up costing you more than a couple of aspirin for the headache.

downrange1

Shoot dude......I'm not far off of considering chuckin' this thing.......It's almost more trouble than it's worth at this point....I have zero idea what I'm doing. I mean, I know it ain't rocket surgery but still.........

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay.....So, not to derail my own thread; however, let's assume I get this problem solved..........

Will these things fit my rig? Bolt pattern 8 x 6.5 which is what I need but I'm just concerned about width/back spacing or is it a non issue? Thanks again.....

http://richmond.craigslist.org/wto/5540909151.html
I think I've got the same rims with the HMMWV tires mounted on 2 of my M1101s. I took some photos, but the site won't let me upload from my computer for some reason.

Edit - today it's working!
IMG_2864.jpg IMG_2863.jpg

Last edited:

Crimson13

Did you get the hub caps off? I used a small chisel and slowly Chipped away the paint covering everything. Then I slowly rotated the tire and used the chisel around the perimeter to slowly create a gap, carefully to not damage it, until it popped off.

downrange1

No Sir........I'm beating the everliving **** out of these things.....They're ruined. Can't get flat head or chisel anywhere near the base of them.....

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

I beat the crap and destroyed the grease caps. I did get them off. :)
I picked up a replacement set at Tractor Supply.

M1101, M1102, LTT-TQG Grease Cap 2.72"
M110x grease caps 2.722.jpg