• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 Brake Lockout?

mbishop

Going to recover a M1102 next week. Does anyone know if it has a brake lockout like the M101?

If so, would the same pin used for the M101 lockout fit the lockout for the M1102?

Thanks.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, there is no provision for a lockout, but I have backed mine up alot, and never had the brakes lock up.. Seems the engineers figure that problem out with the brand/model surge brake they used.

macgyver5150

The M1102 uses free-backing brakes.

You can also make a simple surge brake lockout by fabricating a channel to mount between the front of the surge brake housing and the mounting pin for the damper.

Pawnshop

Unless your brake system is defective you should not need it. My M101A2 trailers back fine and stop smooth without lockout pins. My home made M116A2 flatbed backs well however does not stop smooth when free to do it's own braking, I replaced the dampner and it still jerks when empty, I suspect it is too light weight.