• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 + M1010

BiałyOrzeł

Newbie here so if this is in the wrong place let me know.
Long story short I have a M1102 trailer I’m using as a camping trailer. It’s outfitted with a rack and rooftop tent etc…. However I found a guy locally with 4 M1010 ambulance boxes. He’s willing to part with one which has me interested in putting it into my trailer and making a camper. Anyone ever do something like this? The width works but I’d need to open up the trailer tailgate a bit. My biggest concern is weight. Any insight, info or suggestions are welcome.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M1010 box is solidly built and all aluminum except for one piece across the back to support the litters from the ceiling. And thinking back I think the vertical racks at the front of the box were steel.

As far as weight goes, I believe more than 800. Closer to 2000 when you compare the curb weights of the M1031 and the M1010.

If your removing stuff obviously the weight goes down, the bunk alone on the drivers side weighed 80lbs when I took it out.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M1010 box is solidly built and all aluminum except for one piece across the back to support the litters from the ceiling. And thinking back I think the vertical racks at the front of the box were steel.

As far as weight goes, I believe more than 800. Closer to 2000 when you compare the curb weights of the M1031 and the M1010.

If your removing stuff obviously the weight goes down, the bunk alone on the drivers side weighed 80lbs when I took it out.
That curb weight for the 1031 is just for the cab/chassis, not including the SECM box, gen, compressor, welder, etc.

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Exactly, and the M1010 is with the box. 5250lbs vs 7370lbs
Ohhh.. duh....Yeah, I'm thinking you're comparing an equipped M1031 with an equipped M1010.

I think you're right... I think it's the SECM box (without gen/components) that weighs around 800, and the M1010 box was around 1800 or so.. I know I did the math in another thread.... hah

Edit: Found it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks