• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 missing brake parts

Dead pilot

I finally got to checking out the m1102 I pick up last week. I went to check the wheel bearing and brake drive side was all good. Then I found a surprise when I removed the passenger side wheel. It seems like the whole brake drum and insides are gone and it's just the outer part that the wheel mounts too. This is the 1st time I've came across something like this. So now i need to find a new drum and brake shoes for it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

sandcobra164

I looked in the Technical Manual section for trailers and didn't see one for the M1101/1102's. Not a problem, I'll fix that when I get to work in the morning. You can then look up the NSNS to try and track down the parts for it. Personally I wouldn't worry about brakes on it. It's a surge type system but I honestly don't know how much it actually engages. The tongue of mine looks like the only time it moves is when I flip it to switch between my CUCV or 5 ton so that it will tow level.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked in the Technical Manual section for trailers and didn't see one for the M1101/1102's. Not a problem, I'll fix that when I get to work in the morning. You can then look up the NSNS to try and track down the parts for it. Personally I wouldn't worry about brakes on it. It's a surge type system but I honestly don't know how much it actually engages. The tongue of mine looks like the only time it moves is when I flip it to switch between my CUCV or 5 ton so that it will tow level.

It is buried in the very last thread.
[h=1]TM's for Trailers[/h]

TM9-2330-392-14P.pdf
TM9-2330-392-14P Operators, Unit and direct support and maintenance manual for M1101 series trailers.

MWO_pt1_M1101.pdf
MWO_pt1_M1101 MWO part one for M1101 series trailers.

MWO_pt2_M1101.pdf
MWO_pt2_M1101 MWO part two for M1101 series trailers.

sandcobra164

Good Looking out Porky! (Almost thought I'd never say that after my spat with you). I saw that at the bottom but did not click on it since it didn't list any model numbers.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Looking out Porky! (Almost thought I'd never say that after my spat with you). I saw that at the bottom but did not click on it since it didn't list any model numbers.
The deuce TM section is the same way most of the TM's are in the last thread , it must be because it is the oldest thread when new links for TM's get added they go to the top.

Dead pilot

Thanks for those links I didn't go all the way to bottom when I looked earlier. So I'll be digging around in there it looks like.
I'm gonna get it fixed up. I have 2 M101a3 and they have their surge brake working and I can notice a difference when there is load.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for those links I didn't go all the way to bottom when I looked earlier. So I'll be digging around in there it looks like.
I'm gonna get it fixed up. I have 2 M101a3 and they have their surge brake working and I can notice a difference when there is load.

Surge brakes are great.
They do make a difference on a loaded or unloaded trailer.

Always amazes me on how many guys that recommend no brakes on a trailer.
They don’t fix the surge system or remove it entirely.
Once it’s properly brought back to life, it will be years before any real maintenance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks