• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1114 4l80e problems

Veesandskis

Hey guys. So I just got my M1114 driving and roadworthy finally but I’ve noticed a few issues with the trans..
1. No torque converter lockup
2. Trans code 22
3. Kind of hard shift between 1-2

So it shifts through all 4 gears. But then the TC never locks up. I jumped the TCM with a wire and read the codes and I’m getting a code 22 “throttle position sensor circuit low”.

I have ran the diagnostic on it and found 2 of the 3 wires going from the TCM to the TPS had no continuity. So I ran two new wires and that’s all good. I tried clearing the codes by removing the battery cables but that code still persists. Im led to believe thatthis code would be why it seems to rev high before going into 2nd gear. But could this also be why my TC doesn’t lock up? Im stumped and would greatly appreciate any help.

The fluid and filter are kinda not that great and will be getting changed but none of these problems seem to have to do with the fluid or filter.

Also, the trans light isn’t on like there is an active code. But when you jump the TCM connector, it will flash 12 three times and then flash 22 three times and then back to 12. So that’s the only code.

Please help.. 😅😅

p.s I have already verified the brake switch is good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks