• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1114 B pillar question.

Timberlake

Hey y’all. Got a M1114 on the way from Ga to NC today! No top. No b pillar.

My question. Will any Hmmwv B pillar fit? I see several for M998 for sale. Not sure if I pay the cash and ship that they will work on my M1114. Thoughts?
1669735015875.jpeg

Timberlake

Welcome to the forum!!
Certainly not excited on how that guy has it tied down to the trailer....
The military put tie points all over that truck for a reason.
yeah. With the words “tie down” in black ink. So all that lettering and warnings that most folks find simple statements of the obvious are very impactful to some and above the education level of others.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are differing b-pillars for soft and hard tops. There is further difference between certain hard top door striker pieces.

If you’re staying soft, b-pillars are $300 plus or minus. Start looking on our classifieds. Post a WTB. They are all over that auction site too.

Timberlake

There are differing b-pillars for soft and hard tops. There is further difference between certain hard top door striker pieces.

If you’re staying soft, b-pillars are $300 plus or minus. Start looking on our classifieds. Post a WTB. They are all over that auction site too.
Nice. Yes I have seen the hard verses soft top b pillar difference what I can’t nail down is that all the b pillars for sale say for m998 and I have a m1114. What to make sure it fits. Are m998s and m1114 the same width at the b pillar?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
86HUMV and retiredwarhorses will both have what you want/need, as well as other site sponsors. They will also answer your questions. PM them.

Coonass77

Nice. Yes I have seen the hard verses soft top b pillar difference what I can’t nail down is that all the b pillars for sale say for m998 and I have a m1114. What to make sure it fits. Are m998s and m1114 the same width at the b pillar?
Yes, the standard soft top b pillar will fit. I have an m1114 with the same setup.

Reactions: OBX

Coonass77

Boom. Thanks bro. Got any pics you can share?
I said it fit, I didn't say it was especially pretty.
The m1114 has a much thicker, squared off rib where the armor was installed. The soft top b pillar has the thinner, radiused rib, Functionally, there's no issue, but cosmetically it's a little hokey. I haven't tackled the job of figuring out how to clean that up yet - or if I'm even going to.

Attachments

Pstyckiewicz

I have a similar question in regards to the same M1114 setup. I can see the lower B pillar has a thicker square shape to it. My question is the lower B pillar just have an added piece on top of for the up armoring or is it a completely diffrent lower piece? If it’s a completely diffrent piece what’s the correct upper B pillar that would match up? In addition can the lower piece be sealed out to match a regular B pillar? I’m looking to put an after market 4 man hardtop.

thanks,
Pat

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a similar question in regards to the same M1114 setup. I can see the lower B pillar has a thicker square shape to it. My question is the lower B pillar just have an added piece on top of for the up armoring or is it a completely diffrent lower piece? If it’s a completely diffrent piece what’s the correct upper B pillar that would match up? In addition can the lower piece be sealed out to match a regular B pillar? I’m looking to put an after market 4 man hardtop.

thanks,
Pat
The M1114 A, B, and C pillar area are the same as all other trucks....M1114 have added parts for up armor.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There appears to be an additional plate riveted to the B-pillar on these m1114 Swiss cheese trucks, if it’s overly an eyesore, you can remove the
B-pillar “sail” install new or at least a clean take off…done it many times.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks