• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1114 Power Steering Pump Replaced and Have Spares!

krazyk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got lucky and located 5 brand new in the box power steering pumps for the UAH type 6.5's. We changed ours and you can literally steer it with one finger now.

Last edited by a moderator:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure put a for sale ad with prices. Mine is not great. This is the non-GM pump, that has the remote reservoir, right?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am interested in the bracket question also, to replace the stock GM unit

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is UAH type?
there are only 3 pumps
rcsk18330 for all v-belt and early serpentine
2 new style serp with remote mounted reservoir, one is for standard steering gear, the other for the sheopard gear, which has a higher BAR rating.
you cannot use the latter 2 on early style trucks

crwray

Hey fellas. Help educate me...
I have an M1123. Near as I can tell the TM9-2320-280-24P C01 tells me I need the 105 BAR (1500psi). If I had the 120 BAR (1900psi) available would it be compatible for my rig?

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey fellas. Help educate me...
I have an M1123. Near as I can tell the TM9-2320-280-24P C01 tells me I need the 105 BAR (1500psi). If I had the 120 BAR (1900psi) available would it be compatible for my rig?
the higher pressure unit is supposed to be for the Sheppard steering box, not the standard one you have.

It would probably work, but higher pressure would mean higher chance of failure to the steering box as it isn't designed for the extra pressure.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AFAIK nobody has had issues, this hydraulic system is what is called an "open" system, this means the only time it is actually making pressure is when you make a demand, steer the truck or press the brakes and then it will only makes what pressure is necessary to do what is demanded, you would have to press very hard on the brake pedal or get the steering in a bind or locked hard right or left to build max pressure.
I am curious if the trucks with Sheppard steering have a different part number for the hydroboost....
I am going to find out as the GEP engine I am installing in my 998 has a 120 bar pump.
EDIT, the older style pumps had the relief valve accessible from the outside of the pump, I wonder if the new style does also, if so and you already had the new style 1500psi pump you might be able to swap valves, evidently there is not much info on these as they were not intended to be serviced just replaced..

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks