• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1123 AC Compressor Delete

nairb

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm trying to find part numbers to for a couple idler pulleys so I can remove my sanden compressor that was part of the red dot system I removed. I might just be looking in the wrong TM for parts numbers, below is what I've found.

TM 9-2320-280-20-2 shows a diagram with a bracket that looks just like my truck and I think I need the parts outlined in red. The only difference from this pic and my truck is another bracket hanging off where the grooved pulley is with my compessor attached:

Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 4.34.39 PM.png

IMG_1931.jpeg

However, when I look in TM 9-2320-280-24P-1 for the part numbers the diagram for serial 196900 and below shows a slightly different bracket to what I have and different idler pulleys:

Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 4.37.03 PM.png

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the red dot brackets come off that hold the compressor on the serp plate, the grooved idler is added as part of the red dot kit, it’s replaced with a smooth.

Reactions: OBX

nairb

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the red dot brackets come off that hold the compressor on the serp plate, the grooved idler is added as part of the red dot kit, it’s replaced with a smooth.
Yea, it looks like I need to replace that with a smooth and add a grooved pulley right above the tensioner. Just trying to figure out what the parts numbers are. The diagram that matches my truck doesn't list part numbers (first screenshot above). The pulleys look different from that in the parts TM. Is there a different parts TM I should be using?

Sigi

Why delete the compressor? Couldn't you just cap off the refrigeration ports and remove the wire to the A/C clutch? The compressor won't be turning without the clutch being commanded on.

nairb

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why delete the compressor? Couldn't you just cap off the refrigeration ports and remove the wire to the A/C clutch? The compressor won't be turning without the clutch being commanded on.
That's how I'm currently set up but I wouldn't mind getting it out of the way and giving it to someone else who could use it.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Here an idea ??? If not wanting the AC on your rig... re-purpose the compressor for "On Board Air" It's already bolted in and with some simple plumbing, a small tank or bigger a switch or cutout / regulator..."good to blow"

Could come in handy on the trail filling up JEEP tires...LOL

Another free idea, CAMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks