• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1123 battery tap(s)

Captain Daddy

My apologies if this has been described in detail. There are two taps running from between my batteries in my m1123, and only one is connected. Sometimes a phantom drain kills the back battery and I have to jump it, and only one of the taps is actually connected.

Before I go trying to trace these out, does anyone know what the two battery sized cables that go through the body between the batteries are for?

I'm also thinking about driving both from a DC converter from both batteries, and keying a relay to stop the drain. I also want to run a radio off that circuit. Is there any reason not to do that?

Thank you in advance for you help.

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It should have a numbered label on it. it looks like 68A, which goes from the 14v lug on the alternator to the rear battery to help maintain battery voltage and offset the draw from the TCM. Should just hook up to where the other yellow terminal lug is hooked to. The TM’s for you HMMWV are available for download at the top of the main page under the TM section , and will have all the wire numbers identified and where they go. They are a little hard to navigate at first but after a while it gets easier and using the search function in them helps.

Captain Daddy

It should have a numbered label on it. it looks like 68A, which goes from the 14v lug on the alternator to the rear battery to help maintain battery voltage and offset the draw from the TCM. Should just hook up to where the other yellow terminal lug is hooked to. The TM’s for you HMMWV are available for download at the top of the main page under the TM section , and will have all the wire numbers identified and where they go. They are a little hard to navigate at first but after a while it gets easier and using the search function in them helps.
Thanks very much, I'll get to looking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks