• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1123 coil spacer

escuderj

i just picked up a 2009 m1123 I was thinking about putting a spacer on the front coils Spring. I would leave the rear alone has anybody done this with a M1123 I know the springs are stiffer that’s why I was not gonna do anything to the rear and just do it 2 inch in the front. Also would that put too much of an angle on the driveshaft and start ripping rubber boots. Thank you

escuderj

I seen that video on a military Humvees that got larger springs front and rear and makes it softer to raise it up about 2 to 3 inches. They’re pricey I think $1800. Maybe I’ll get to route I’ll go. I’ve only seen that one video online about that black on B and a younger guy I don’t know if anybody else is running with them I think it comes from trucks works. I’m not sure if anybody has information on those thank you

Action

If you have stiff springs and install spring spacers, the springs will still be stiff. You will still have a rough ride but with extended shocks.
there are different spring rates available for these.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have zero experience with spacers other than they create lift. I will be putting them in my M1123, front only. Probably will change the ride a bit but it’s a really cheap modification and reversible if I’m not happy with the results. I will be installing it as soon as it cools down and maybe by then I will have the courage to tackle it. Lol

escuderj

Yeah let me know how that works out I was thinking about doing the same thing if I don’t like it I’ll just pull it off and get new springs that’s the big cost. Thank you

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah let me know how that works out I was thinking about doing the same thing if I don’t like it I’ll just pull it off and get new springs that’s the big cost. Thank you
I don’t know what I’m buying when it comes to new springs and if you get the height you want and still maintain a decent ride. You can do great things with spring rates and length but I don’t know who makes or sells them. Spacer is the way to go for me.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I don’t know what I’m buying when it comes to new springs and if you get the height you want and still maintain a decent ride. You can do great things with spring rates and length but I don’t know who makes or sells them. Spacer is the way to go for me.
I would imagine a commercial spring shop could lengthen the springs you have.
Definitely for a lot less than $1800 for sure.
Spring folks that I have worked with in years gone by have been smarter than the average bear.

Longer springs will ride a lot more comfortably than inserts for sure.

Action

AMG parts vendors sell springs. There are several oEM options for these.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AMG parts vendors sell springs. There are several oEM options for these.
I’m sure they do but how would normal guy know what spring is going to give lift without hurting ride to badly? Not everyone is an AMG yoda like you and a few others here. Lol I wish I knew what you have forgotten. Spacers were 129.00 so it’s not a real expensive bad decision and it might work out. I just don’t like the front end lower than the rear.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I’m sure they do but how would normal guy know what spring is going to give lift without hurting ride to badly? Not everyone is an AMG yoda like you and a few others here. Lol I wish I knew what you have forgotten. Spacers were 129.00 so it’s not a real expensive bad decision and it might work out. I just don’t like the front end lower than the rear.
Well... At that rate it is definitely worth trying.
Somehow I thought I saw a figure twice that much in this thread.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well... At that rate it is definitely worth trying.
Somehow I thought I saw a figure twice that much in this thread.
I don’t think it’s going to change the ride very much because it’s not a very big spacer. 129.00 was just for the front rear would double that 6161E474-FFB1-45F0-BF29-3426F01FB0F2.jpeg

Action

I don’t think it’s going to change the ride very much because it’s not a very big spacer. 129.00 was just for the front rear would double that View attachment 843878
That will push the tires down quite a bit. Maybe 2".
Look at the suspension like a triangle. It can be 1/2" near a corner, but the further you go away from that corner, the measurement gets bigger.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They should move this to a hmmwv “mods” forum…yes, it’s a mod…we don’t and won’t use spacers, they cause nothing but problems.
So nobody will read it or comment about it? They should move the mod section from the graveyard to here! No need for it to be there. Everything is a mod that people are doing right here in the Hmmwv section… they don’t use the right paint or they add leds. Everything anyone does can be classified as a mod but to move threads where you get zero Participation is not the answer if you’re not interested in mods don’t post don’t read it and MoveOn. Anything you add that it didn’t come with is a mod by definition so we should move all those threads to the mod section?
1st 7 threads here are all mods! I’m outraged, you got my peanut butter on my chocolate! Lol life is too short to worry about what everyone else is doing

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So nobody will read it or comment about it? They should move the mod section from the graveyard to here! No need for it to be there. Everything is a mod that people are doing right here in the Hmmwv section… they don’t use the right paint or they add leds. Everything anyone does can be classified as a mod but to move threads where you get zero Participation is not the answer if you’re not interested in mods don’t post don’t read it and MoveOn. Anything you add that it didn’t come with is a mod by definition so we should move all those threads to the mod section?
1st 7 threads here are all mods! I’m outraged, you got my peanut butter on my chocolate! Lol life is too short to worry about what everyone else is doing
ok, unwind your panties a bit…most of the other forums have a “mods” section.
yea, your right…these forums have just become cluttered with the SOS Questions anyway, day in and say out…
what fluid goes in my engine, how to make my truck go faster, quieter, run cooler, where do I install by drink holder.
what was I thinking….carry on.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok, unwind your panties a bit…most of the other forums have a “mods” section.
yea, your right…these forums have just become cluttered with the SOS Questions anyway, day in and say out…
what fluid goes in my engine, how to make my truck go faster, quieter, run cooler, where do I install by drink holder.
what was I thinking….carry on.
Hahaha thank you for understanding my frustration for putting things in places that get zero replies. I’m not wearing any panties! Lol commando

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Let's all take a step back and cool off a bit. Yes, this is a "mod". But it's also almost universally done in coil spring setups. I personally am indifferent on where this thread is landed to. If @escuderj wants it moved there, I'll certainly move it.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let's all take a step back and cool off a bit. Yes, this is a "mod". But it's also almost universally done in coil spring setups. I personally am indifferent on where this thread is landed to. If @escuderj wants it moved there, I'll certainly move it.
Everything HMMWV belongs here in my opinion because here is the only place that gets any views or comments. Everything is so spread out nobody goes there hardly and everyone can see it the amount of replies. Look at my insurance thread before and after it was moved. I guess if we are more worried about everything being in the perfect spot and that’s your only goal. This is my only form of connecting with anyone day after day and I enjoy everyone’s comments. If you are building a building or cabin out of stacked Hmmwv’s this seems like it belongs here. Honest question here. Does the forum generate more income based on membership numbers and threads/participation numbers? Charge more for advertising based on it? Don’t need anything personal or numbers just yes or no. I have always believed that they do but I might be horribly wrong.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks