• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1123 front brake caliper installation

mrkleen

Hello,

i just picked up my 1st HMMWV an M1123 2 door truck. it was sold in nonworking condition but after flushing fluids ( water in the oil pan etc), installing batteries, installing cdr valve the engine started and it ran clean.

can someone point me in the right direction on how to install the front caliper ( left) , as amongst many other parts it was ripped out. I tried to slide the brake pads into the appropriate groves then tried to slip on the caliper to no avail.

Attachments

papakb

You might want to repost this in the HMMWV Forum where it will be seen by more HMMWV owners. There's really no magic to doing this. remove the caliper, spread the actuators and slip the pads in. Then the whole thing will slide on over the disc rotor. There's a great instruction section in the TM 9-2320-20 manual on replacing the brake assemblies. The manuals are a free download in the HMMWV forum labeled "If you need it it's here". This is in the first section of the HMMWV forum and links to all the manuals for the vehicle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks