• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1123 Gauge Cluster question

alwayskaos

Hello all.
The information I am looking for is most likely in the TM's section, but I'm lost as to where. I have a 2016 M1123 that is missing the gauge cluster. I found a page from a manual that shows the plug numbers and where they go, but there is another thicker shielded cable with many connectors and grounds on the end that I can't seem to find where it goes. I purchased a new cluster and it looks like it will work, with the exception of the electronic speedometer/ odometer.
If you have personal experience, or can direct me to the right TM or page number, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

papakb

Gauge cluster wiring.jpg

The wiring diagrams are in the back of the TM 9-2320-280-3 manuals. There are several there but the gauge cluster is pretty much the same for all of them. Open the TM, hit your "end" key and then "page up" to the one you want. Try to find one with clear wire numbers.

alwayskaos

So Ive looked at every diagram I found in that TM and others, but can not seem to find the shielded harness that is disconnected behind the gauge cluster. Various numbers on the harness are 40V, 40U, 27U, 27V, 27W, and 58M. Am I just blind with the prints, or does anyone know what harness this is? Thanks again

Last edited:

papakb

27 wires are gauge feeds that are polarity sensative and 40 wires are for gauge illumination. 58 is labeled as a compass light circuit, whatever that is. The letters are just designating individual wires, the numbers indicate they're all from a common point.

alwayskaos

27 wires are gauge feeds that are polarity sensative and 40 wires are for gauge illumination. 58 is labeled as a compass light circuit, whatever that is. The letters are just designating individual wires, the numbers indicate they're all from a common point.
Thank for the reply. I see all of those numbers in the diagram, but they are notated as different letters after the numbers. That harness is right next to this one. The harness that I am trying to figure out, has all of the letters and numbers that I mentioned above, and is aluminum shielded. I'll post some photos this evening when I get home. I spent several hours going over every print, but couldn't find those number/letters anywhere:confused:

alwayskaos

So it looks like this is the speedo harness because the cannon plug is correct. There are many other grounds, plugs etc, with the numbers above that I can not find in any TM. Is there another harness from the electronic speedometer to this one?

Attachments

alwayskaos

So I found a photo online of the backside of an electronic speedo. It's starting to make a little sense now. There is only a cannon plug connection on the speedo, so the other splitters must be for lighting t'd into the other plugs?
Grounds are easy. My confusion is...why is there 3 splitters?

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Under Technical Manuals, Present Conflict Vehicles TMs, look for TB 9-2320-335-13&P Hmmwv M1151A1, M1152A1, M1165A1 May 2008. See Section 4-14.1, Section 4-17.1 and Wiring Chart FO-16 (3 pages up from the last page).

badgerd

Electronic Jedi
Splitters are for power and lighting for the Speedo and maybe a tach (they split from there too). The “27” circuit splitter goes to the power side of the fuel gauge (remove 27, put in splitter, plug all 27 into splitter). 40 circuit is lighting and connects to either left or right light on dash, 58 is ground and should go to the ground screw on the cluster.

If you have cable numbers for anything else we can help find where they go too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks