• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1123 in Tucson

Bokbfok

Yup, right in the hatch area. I haven't drained any fluid so will not be able to tell you if there are shavings in the trans without dropping the pan. I am hoping it is something simple, but we will see.

williamh

I like simple too. That’s why I go to fluid. Every trans that I had that stopped working or lost power was from a leak. Only had one catch on fire from the leak. You would think all that mud wouldn’t burn but if you put a load of atf in it. Dirt will burn. 😉

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, the case is engaged. I tried in H and HL. I don't get the trans light to light up in the run, bit not started condition. I am probably not getting power to the tranny, so I will start looking. My next steps are to check the breaked and relay
As williamh said it should still go in gear, even without a single wire to the transmission it should have forward (2nd gear) and reverse.

Bokbfok

Quick update,

I guess the tranny really likes fluid. When I initially filled it, it was in the hatch area. After all you comments, I decided to go look again, sure as sh!t it was low. I added a quart and still nothing, rechecked and still low, did this 3-4 times and finally got drive in R and 2. Next steps is to find out why I have no power to it. I have been reading the 4l80e supplement troubleshooting guide. Hoping to get to it this weekend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks