• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1123 Speedometer

jbradley66

Ok, so I've got a 2004 M1123. At the time of purchase from GP it didn't have a speedometer. In fact, it had no gauge cluster at all. I purchased a NOS cluster on ebay. I was watching a video on YouTube about replacing gauges because I had no reference on where to attach which gauges to which wires that were coming out of the dash panel. In the video it said some speedos were electric. The speedo I purchased is the 60MPH version with the mechanical attachment on the back. But when I looked in my dash, there was no mechanical attachment for the speedo I just bought. Could i just be missing the cable in my dash that attaches to my new speedo, or is it possible that I need a different electric speedo?

Thanks in advance!

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
If your new to the game... might want to check those gauges. Knock off (china) are all over the place.

Could be a good deal or IMO bad news. When it comes to parts QEM / USA is the way to go.

Late to the party... pooper, CAMO

Action

Notice the wires each have a metal tag with a number on it. One of the TMs has step by step detail of how to hook the guage cluster up. If you see a female rubber boot with ribs on it, it gets a male part with ridges on it. Each guage wire set may have a small zip tie on them.
Crawl under your humvee and find the transfer case. At the rear “cone” where the rear propshaft (driveshaft) comes out, there should be something sticking out towards the driver seat area. That is the speedo sender. There should be a 90 degree elbow and a cable pointed to the front. That cable runs up and thru a hole in the firewall and screws to back of speedo.
The electric speedo takes a screw on harness, which looks nothing like the other wires the.
And, if your new temp guage has a red light on it, you need to make sure you have the sender with a gray boot. The temp guage without the light gets a black boot sender.

jbradley66

If your new to the game... might want to check those gauges. Knock off (china) are all over the place.

Could be a good deal or IMO bad news. When it comes to parts QEM / USA is the way to go.

Late to the party... pooper, CAMO
This is the one I'm asking about. The others are in similar boxes with similar labeling and are wrapped in a silver or clear airtight bag.

Attachments

jbradley66

Notice the wires each have a metal tag with a number on it. One of the TMs has step by step detail of how to hook the guage cluster up. If you see a female rubber boot with ribs on it, it gets a male part with ridges on it. Each guage wire set may have a small zip tie on them.
Crawl under your humvee and find the transfer case. At the rear “cone” where the rear propshaft (driveshaft) comes out, there should be something sticking out towards the driver seat area. That is the speedo sender. There should be a 90 degree elbow and a cable pointed to the front. That cable runs up and thru a hole in the firewall and screws to back of speedo.
The electric speedo takes a screw on harness, which looks nothing like the other wires the.
And, if your new temp guage has a red light on it, you need to make sure you have the sender with a gray boot. The temp guage without the light gets a black boot sender.
This is an excellent and very helpful answer. Thank you, Sir. If it wasn't 25° and after 0200 I'd go check it out right now. Thank you very much!

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
This is the one I'm asking about. The others are in similar boxes with similar labeling and are wrapped in a silver or clear airtight bag.
So reading your description and seeing the Clark speedo those are good Ole USA. For the most part... if there is no name... it's a knock off. May not matter to some, but I have had REAL bad luck with these and other electrical products.

HmuV not happy with pretend parts. CAMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks