• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1123

escuderj

Has any one put a front spacer in a M1123 and if so was the ride quality crap? Or should I go with new taller front springs and 2 inch body lift to clear 40x13.5r17. I don't plan on going to moab and wheeling it crazy, many looks and a little offroad fun.

thanks

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This would probably be better on the regular HMMWV forum, sorry I can't help!

jrtoffroad

Ride quality will depend a lot on how heavy your HMMWV is. The ride will stiffen some from the a-arms being at a steeper angle, but I don't think it will be significant. I find the stock 954 lbs/in front springs in my M1123 really aren't too bad, and would not be opposed to adding a spacer. The rear springs on the other hand need to be thrown in the trash if you don't plan on carrying 2500lbs+ of cargo in the rear 100% of the time.

In summary, I'd go spacers up front and Armada springs in the rear. If you want a ride improvement from there, custom shocks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks