• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m113 DOZER BLADE

Danger Ranger

Does anyone know what the model designation on a dozer blade for an m113 is? Or if it even has one? I am only curious, don't have one or plan on buying one.:?:

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drove M113s and M114s in the Army in the early 1970s. I never saw a dozer blade on an M113 like in the photo. That's not to say the Army didn't have them.

12Bravo

I never saw one while I was in the Army. That looks like a combat engineer specific vehicle. There were a lot of different variants/modifications by/for foreign governments based on the M113. The M113 with dozer blade looks like it would work as good as the M9 ACE (which was a nightmare). I enjoy seeing all the different versions of the M113 made by/for other countries.

22b

It was just called 113 Dozer. Odd that there was not a number change for it, but it was a kit added to a stock carrier. Here's a pic of me with mine. I loved using it. Canadian Army, late 70's.

Attachments

Alredneck

Banned
Interesting! Never in almost 12 yrs of service seen a M113 with a dozer blade.

FT Hood has the M60 Engineer Variant with its lil bore cannon and plow blade, its looked like a bad a$$ breaching vehicle for its time. The M1 Breaching kits are pretty awesome though im not big on being close to tanks during a firefight. I prefer CAS!

Anyone been to any museums that have any?

12Bravo

Try this link. When we had them they were called the MTVE.
BAE Systems M113 Vehicles-MTVE
That is after my time. I was in from 89-96. Alredneck, the M728 CEV wasn't fun to be close to when it fired. I was a combat engineer and then a machinist (still assigned to Engineer units). The M728 has a 165mm main gun compared to the 105mm and 120mm guns on main battle tanks.

Last edited:

Stan Leschert

The MTVE was an engineering specific variant which we saw in the late "90's " I had seen them with just the blade before that, but the new beastie was more than that. All sorts of cool toys.
Being Recce, I never got to play with this one!

Danger Ranger

That MTVE thing is new to me, I had never heard of it, although it sounds like another M113 update. Still no model on the dozer....

Thanks for the pic 22b, is that blade vertical when raised, or does it angle or tilt upwards?

And yes the M728 is a little different, although the M60 could also have the blade...let me find my pics. They had a model number though....M9 dozer blade

Attachments

Last edited:

tamangel

Canadain version:
M113A2 EVSEV (Engineering Variant Specially Equipped Vehicle) - Variant of the M113A2 for engineer units. Fitted with a front-mounted dozer blade, hydraulic ground auger and hydraulic power tools.

Belgium version:
M113A1-B-ENG - Squad vehicle for combat engineers. Some of those 113 delivered are fitted with an hydraulic dozerblade

using 'Blade' as search word on this page:
Variants of the M113 armored personnel carrier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

doesn't show a USA version..

Mike

Danger Ranger

Reminder: The main question is the model number for the blade only.

Like a kit number. Example: for the M60, the blade is an M9.

Thanks guys, I am glad this was revived. Maybe another operator could chime in here...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks