• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M114 from Chino, CA to Buchanan, GA

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's a shot in the dark, and I don't have all the details yet. But I do have a lead on a M114 in Chino CA. Anyone up for a LONG haul? :shock:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Find a back haul. That is a long way to tow a trailer-some 7000 miles

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I hope you don't get Jarred :shock: Marc seems a little more competent...:)
:tank:
If it was one quote that was low, I'd have said, oh ok. But two of them within $200 of each other. Like $2000-2200 plus fees. The first actual quote I got was $4100.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So did you buy it yet or are you fishing??

what happened with the earlier wife post on downsizing :)

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So did you buy it yet or are you fishing??

what happened with the earlier wife post on downsizing :)
Waiting on pics, this one has blown head gaskets, but it's at a museum. And in a price range (as long as shipping isn't insane) I can afford.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Waiting on pics, this one has blown head gaskets, but it's at a museum. And in a price range (as long as shipping isn't insane) I can afford.
If you can't get it on a backhaul or LTL it's gonna eat your lunch!! If somebody is gonna haul that rascal from CA to GA for under 2500 bucks you better take the deal. Even the 4K quote sounds cheap to me!:naner:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you watched shipping wars? Make sure it isn't some joker with an f150 with a 45ft gooseneck that used to be a 20ft car trailer and a 25ft goose neck. I have seen this setup in real life. I have also had two other 'shippers' with similarly unsuitable equipment. Just be careful who you deal with.

Buy me a m915 and trailer and I will pay my own ticket out there and drive the mess back, and you keep the truck and trailer. Just pay lodging food and fuel.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you watched shipping wars? Make sure it isn't some joker with an f150 with a 45ft gooseneck that used to be a 20ft car trailer and a 25ft goose neck. I have seen this setup in real life. I have also had two other 'shippers' with similarly unsuitable equipment. Just be careful who you deal with.

Buy me a m915 and trailer and I will pay my own ticket out there and drive the mess back, and you keep the truck and trailer. Just pay lodging food and fuel.
I'll go with him and keep an eye on things....... Plus I have years of OTR experience.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You've probably already seen this but for those who haven't, check out some of the pics of my Friend, George Bakers, M114 resto. http://tired-iron.mounet.com/vTracked.htm
The all green one was the one restored from junk. Many pics of it the way he received it. If I could own any tracked vehicle, the M114 would probably be the one.
BTW, Tommy Craig may still have his M114A1E1 in Perry FL. He offered it to me back in '05 or so.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of you may find this humorous, I am BANNED from U-Ship!

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I moved an M114 from Ohio to Arizona a few months ago with a pickup and gooseneck and had a lot of fun doing it. I highly recommend cross country trips hauling military vehicles. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks