• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1151 Transmission Cooler Line Help Request

hedcrash

I have an 1151 that currently has an obvious transmission issue in that the farther back (towards back of truck) transmission cooler line is not there. I pulled up the TM and it looks like I needed a part but looking at the needed part I am confused as to where it connects as it seems I already have it. The attached photos circled in aqua are the line that is currently disconnected with nothing on it. I am not sure if this is meant now to connect to the transmission port that is empty or if there is something else missing here. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and obviously a noob here.

Attachments

Mstng65HummrMan

There are two ports or fittings in the right rear of the 4L80E trans which have metal tubes that snap in. You last pic has the front metal tube in the hose and snapped into the front port. You need the rear tube whic has to be inserted in your rear empty tube, hose clamped in place like he front tube in the last pic, and then pushed into the empty port in your first pic. Try to clean out any dirt first with a damp tip type swap. Push the angled end of the metal tube into the port and the lock wire clip will secure it.

HummerPartsGuy has the metal tubes.

The rubber hoses are 3/8ths transmission cooler line. There are T fittings that connect the hoses on the Bypass Valve mounted on the rear transmission cross support on the passenger side.

Check the TM for your HMMWV year for correct parts application, these are for my 2009 M1151A1 which came apart from GovPlanet.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mstng65HummrMan

Great I’m glad I could help! I searched all the local auto parts stores and the GMC dealership and no one had a clue?

Amazon had the fitting but not the tube…

Good luck and have some fun with that HMMWV!

Mstng65HummrMan

Can you send me some good pics of your front left brake rotor and caliper mountings, I think I put my rotor on backwards/flipped and need some help on how it should look. Mine was missing a lot of the front left brake components so i pieced it back together with online parts orders.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks