• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1151A1 6.5L TD: Does eng have electronic control module?

greyner

Hi All,

I'm a new member and am part of an engineering team that's mounting a generator on the front of the 6.5LTD in the M1151A1 so that this MV can drive around w/ kwatts of available power.

My question is: Does the engine for this MV have a PCM or ECM? Is there a electronic control module? Earlier HMMwv's w/ 6.5LNA engines did not have an ECM. My goal is to cumminicate w/ ECM for torque control inputs, like increasing the idle speed when cranking out power, so engine doesn't stall. Thanks for any feedback!

Regards,

Greg

greyner

Thx for the info. We already have the gen mounted on a early HMMWV (early 90's?). It produces over 30 kW; it's a custom application. Currently we increase engine power w/ an electrical actuator strapped to control rod cable that we can control as needed. The M1151A1, i suspect, has an electronic engine control and was thinking there might be a way to interface to it to input a torque command.

Regards.

Chief_919

Military 6.5's are strictly mechanical injection, no electronic control of the computer at all.

I work on them for the military, so any specs you ned let me know. But the same system you used for the earlier one will work on the 6.5's.

greyner

Ok, didn't know that. I thought maybe the new 6.5L"Optimizer" TD engines might have an ECM or PCM. I guess I'll dig around for a M1151A1 engine wiring diagram. Thanks.

Action

They are in the back of the -387 TMs from 2009.
Why dont you use the hand throttle lock under the dash while the genny is running?