• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1151a1 crank but no smoke

Babcut

I have a hmmwv (m1151a1) that worked for a day from GP. Now it cranks but nothing, no exhaust smoke. New batteries. New glow plugs on the way and going to put in new grounding harness. Tank was basically bone dry and put in enough for 1/4 tank. Fuel lines look fine to my unskilled eyes.

While I'm waiting for parts in the mail. Does anyone have any ideas for me to check / research

Plan for this is get it to turn over to make me feel a little better. Then work on tires, brakes, add all possible safety features, then start fun upgrades.

Need to say I have extremely limited mechanical knowledge but trying my best to learn asap.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have a hmmwv (m1151a1) that worked for a day from GP. Now it cranks but nothing, no exhaust smoke. New batteries. New glow plugs on the way and going to put in new grounding harness. Tank was basically bone dry and put in enough for 1/4 tank. Fuel lines look fine to my unskilled eyes.

While I'm waiting for parts in the mail. Does anyone have any ideas for me to check / research

Plan for this is get it to turn over to make me feel a little better. Then work on tires, brakes, add all possible safety features, then start fun upgrades.

Need to say I have extremely limited mechanical knowledge but trying my best to learn asap.
Don't know if you have access to an air compressor or not, but you might crack open a fuel line up on the engine and then use a rag to block the fuel tank and push a little air down on top of the fuel in your diesel tank. Only adding 2 or maybe 3 psi. LOW pressure, just trying to force some fuel into the lines. Whatever you do don't try to really pressurize. The rag should easily allow air to escape if you get carried away...

You didn't mention if the "WAIT" light came on or not?

Looking at the volt/amp meter, when you power up the truck - did you see that needle move?

You mentioned that it "worked for a day from GP". What exactly does that mean? Did you drive it off a trailer, up into your yard and it quit? What happened before you started changing things?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks