• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1152 Just delivered but no power steering or brakes. Brake light on.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 1152 was just dropped off by shipper and faint power steering once in a while and no brakes. There is a whine coming from pump. Fluid is filled on reservoir. Brake light is on. Would a clogged filter in the power steering reservoir cause this symptom or does it sound like bad pump? It's too dark to work on now and will save it for weekend. Just trying to get ideas. Nothing in the GP inspection mentioned brake light on or no brakes or power steering. I wonder if I have any recourse with GP?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you saying NO brakes or no power assist on the brakes?
It is possible the hydro boost is bleeding all the pressure off of the pump.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would guess the first thing to try is the bleeding procedure, not sure where it is, I believe it mostly consists of jacking the truck up and going from lock to lock many times.
Also you can unplug the brake light wire from the brake equalizer block, next to the master cylinder to see if the light is from the service brakes or the parking brakes.

Last edited:

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would guess the first thing to try is the bleeding procedure, not sure where it is, I believe it mostly consists of jacking the truck up and going from lock to lock many times.
Also you can unplug the brake light wire from the brake equalizer block, next to the master cylinder to see if the light is from the service brakes or the parking brakes.
I haven't found anything about bleeding the system with the external reservoir. The light being on was due to parking brake like you had mentioned. I did notice after pulling plug off of the reservoir it was foamy. So that leads me to believe there is air in the lines. I did jack up front of truck and went left to right about 20 times but no change.

Action

I haven't found anything about bleeding the system with the external reservoir. The light being on was due to parking brake like you had mentioned. I did notice after pulling plug off of the reservoir it was foamy. So that leads me to believe there is air in the lines. I did jack up front of truck and went left to right about 20 times but no change.
You can undo the clamp and remove the lid from the reservoir to watch the fluid. Have engine running and hold the wheel at side locks for a couple seconds each time. If there is foam, there is air. You can do lock to lock more tgan 40 times.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can undo the clamp and remove the lid from the reservoir to watch the fluid. Have engine running and hold the wheel at side locks for a couple seconds each time. If there is foam, there is air. You can do lock to lock more tgan 40 times.
Thank you will try in morning. I can take top hat off reservoir after removing clamp and fluid won't shoot out?

rcamacho

Top of the reservoir should be off only when the engine is off.
40 tour s lock to lock by hand with both wheels off the ground. My system was 1qt low and took about 200 to get all the air out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Action

Top of the reservoir should be off only when the engine is off.
40 tour s lock to lock by hand with both wheels off the ground. My system was 1qt low and took about 200 to get all the air out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why cant we have the lid off with engine running? The reservoir should only be half full.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks