• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1152A1 6.5T, 4L80E TCM stays hot to touch after shut down.

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Transmission is in limp mode. TCM stays hot to touch after shut down, even until following day until I disconnect large cannon plug to TCM module enclosure.
Nothing I could find in the TM describes this.
Have bought replacement TCM but reluctant to swap it out and possibly ruin it.
Was non runner when bought at auction.
I am now several hours from the truck so TCM codes are not available at this time. Just wondering if anyone in the community knows offhand what may be wrong. Thank you.

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It should not stay hot after the run switch is turned off, here is the troubleshooting guide.
The first thing I would check is if the transmission power relay is working correctly, but there is one lead that has power all the time on the TCM so it could be a bad TCM also

Attachments

Last edited:

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the relay click when going to run? Sounds like it’s staying active and providing voltage constantly to the TCM…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will check that out when I return to truck’s location. Thank you.

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Transmission is in limp mode. TCM stays hot to touch after shut down, even until following day until I disconnect large cannon plug to TCM module enclosure.
Nothing I could find in the TM describes this.
Have bought replacement TCM but reluctant to swap it out and possibly ruin it.
Was non runner when bought at auction.
I am now several hours from the truck so TCM codes are not available at this time. Just wondering if anyone in the community knows offhand what may be wrong. Thank you.
Could not find specific description/remedy in troubleshooting guide. However, did replace TCM with recent manufacture replacement and all discrepancies are now resolved. Thank you to all that offered assistance.452387DF-3D6D-4D4D-A916-DF75FD62B3F7.jpeg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks