• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116 1967 pioneer tool trailer

TKRESS1

Well I'm not sure what we are going to do with this but I do remember working out of these as a 51B (carpentry and masonary MOS). I have the correct genset for this unit and would love to put it back to factory. It would make an outstand wood pellet bbq cooker but that would break my heart.

Attachments

DAP

I got one that was all rusted and the hinge joint was shot. it stunk of mice. i cleaned it all up and modified the interior for a 7.5 KW current technology generator and plan to use it as a mobile shop. I also painted it Air Force blue tom atch my M37. It is a great trailer!!!!!!!!!

DAP

Before I got my Pioneer Tool Trailer done at various times, while it was rusty, then when it was sand blasted clean, then when primed - people would ask me or say "WOW that is a huge B-B-Q cooker!" OR "Is that a military hearst trailer?" OR "Is that a military field kitchen?" OR "Is that mobile military oven?"

TKRESS1

M116

My brother (the money man) put it up on that site to see what it might bring. I'm not sure what he set the reserve at. I'm looking forward to making it look factory fresh and adding to our collection.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those make awesome utility trailers for offroading. I got the idea a while back of mounting a platform tent on the roof of it, I think it would be an awesome camping rig with that upgrade. Don't hack on it too much, though, you might decide later on that you really want to restore it to original...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks