• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1165 Humvee now recovered! from Scottsdale AZ

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for all the support guys!
Working on video. Looks like an rv with a trailer.
Literally doing the leg work ourselves, only thing we could do with LEO was file a report over the phone. (My dad was a cop, not a slam on them, but it is too bad they don't at least physically come out anymore )
It did run but not well. We were getting closer with it.

I agree, it's not in Mexico. Can't send across border. But I don't think I will be seeing it driving around.

Dave
If
You can capture some screen shots post them up.

Ras1

Small update, I'm still working on footage from multiple locations. It appears that there were 2 guys in an RV. they stole a few misc. items from other shops outdoors, and then stole a trailer from another shop. My humvee was next. they drove it out, did not put on the trailer. It appears the trailer was dumped at an aldi 10 mins away, with great cameras, so I am continuing. I will upload any relevant pictures from the footage as soon as I can. thanks again for all the help everyone. Big hit for me, so I'm working hard to nail the POS who stole it.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Small update, I'm still working on footage from multiple locations. It appears that there were 2 guys in an RV. they stole a few misc. items from other shops outdoors, and then stole a trailer from another shop. My humvee was next. they drove it out, did not put on the trailer. It appears the trailer was dumped at an aldi 10 mins away, with great cameras, so I am continuing. I will upload any relevant pictures from the footage as soon as I can. thanks again for all the help everyone. Big hit for me, so I'm working hard to nail the POS who stole it.
So you steal a Humvee and your get away car is an RV? Probably not dealing with the smartest thieves in AZ. You are not going to get very far driving the Humvee with no lights and plates. I think it’s going to be recovered. You have filed police report so they will look out for it? That just has Crackhead written all over it!

Last edited:

Ras1

Done! M.f. p.o.s. is in jail. I have my humvee back. A bit worse for wear, no longer runs and drives, top gone, exhaust stack gone, other issue. There were 2 guys in the rv with stolen trailer and stolen humvee. It was found only because my brother went to every store on the route taken and left his number to view camera footage. Clerk saw the humvee and called him. Police were called, nailed him.

Thank you for all the thoughts and ideas. First thing tomorrow is insurance on 2nd humvee. (Already put Haggerty on my first).

Lesson learned. Bad guy in jail (one walked).

Recovered Only because of our legwork. Without that it would have been gone. At least tonight got to actually physically talk to Leo, rather than just a phoned in report.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Done! M.f. p.o.s. is in jail. I have my humvee back. A bit worse for wear, no longer runs and drives, top gone, exhaust stack gone, other issue. There were 2 guys in the rv with stolen trailer and stolen humvee. It was found only because my brother went to every store on the route taken and left his number to view camera footage. Clerk saw the humvee and called him. Police were called, nailed him.

Thank you for all the thoughts and ideas. First thing tomorrow is insurance on 2nd humvee. (Already put Haggerty on my first).

Lesson learned. Bad guy in jail (one walked).

Recovered Only because of our legwork. Without that it would have been gone. At least tonight got to actually physically talk to Leo, rather than just a phoned in report.
I’m so happy for you! It ended better than it probably should have due to your leg work and stupid people that don’t properly know how to steal. I think you can probably recover your parts working with popo. This whole thing has made me start looking for a GPS tracker for my Humvee. They are not very expensive and It would be nice knowing where it is at all times. I have full coverage but I love my Humvee and I don’t want to start over. Love a happy ending
TIP THE CLERK!

Ras1

I'm sure all the parts along with lots of other stolen stuff were in the rv or at guys house with other stolen cars. Leo did not go into rv and let rv disconnect from stolen trailer and leave. I just shrug? Wtf is wrong with this world?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I’m so happy for you! It ended better than it probably should have due to your leg work and stupid people that don’t properly know how to steal. I think you can probably recover your parts working with popo. This whole thing has made me start looking for a GPS tracker for my Humvee. They are not very expensive and It would be nice knowing where it is at all times. I have full coverage but I love my Humvee and I don’t want to start over. Love a happy ending
TIP THE CLERK!
I have 3 samsara AG46 units. They ping 2x a day a location, or more if I request it or set it as so. Runs on 4 AA batteries for 3yrs. Cost $125 a year for all 3 units together.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure all the parts along with lots of other stolen stuff were in the rv or at guys house with other stolen cars. Leo did not go into rv and let rv disconnect from stolen trailer and leave. I just shrug? Wtf is wrong with this world?
I would ask popo about getting your stuff back including your tools and welder. Hahaha

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 3 samsara AG46 units. They ping 2x a day a location, or more if I request it or set it as so. Runs on 4 AA batteries for 3yrs. Cost $125 a year for all 3 units together.
Cheap insurance! I will look into it. It’s kinda overwhelming because there are so many available. I want one that I can track on my phone. I had LoJack on a truck that was stolen and they called cops and gave location before dogshit could do anything to it. What I didn’t like is they wouldn’t give me the location.

Ras1

Cheap insurance! I will look into it. It’s kinda overwhelming because there are so many available. I want one that I can track on my phone. I had LoJack on a truck that was stolen and they called cops and gave location before dogshit could do anything to it. What I didn’t like is they wouldn’t give me the location.
I agree on the GPS tracker. Must have now that I've gone through this. I also agree about the location question. I couldn't get a home address either. 😉 probably a good thing.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree on the GPS tracker. Must have now that I've gone through this. I also agree about the location question. I couldn't get a home address either. 😉 probably a good thing.
Hahaha probably so because I would beat them to death with a river rock that perfectly fit the palm of my hand, I actually carry one just Incase

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed that black dog fuel cut off switch and I couldn’t be happier. I hid it in the best location ever and it can’t be found. They can crank it over until batteries are dead but it’s not going anywhere! 79.00 dollars I think and it’s good quality stuff

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I lived out in TX/AZ, I'd be waayyyy too tempted to have a nice long drive on some deserted roads to have a lonnggggg conversation with someone that stole anything of mine... 'Here's a canteen of water, and some food, and you can either walk back from here, or I can call the sheriff to come get you'.... and they'll be dumb enough to choose the 'no law' option....

Larry Weibert

Great to here that it was recovered. Sorry to here how the interaction went with the LEO's. We had a trailer stole here just last month LE had it on soc media in 10 mins and the trailer was reported being seen 20 miles away by drivers in the area. The trailer was recovered in hours of the event. We are all on video many times every day without knowing it. Its an interesting time on many fronts.

HmmwvTim

Note! Edited now recovered

Hi,
Just in case anyone finds an unusually cheap soft top M1165 with no title, I just had mine stolen from a repair shop in Scottsdale, AZ. It is woodland camo, no doors, no headlights, no taillights, USMC markings on tailgate
Let me know if you see anything.
dave
Congrats on getting that back. Still building mine and I know how much work goes into these things.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks