• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1165 lower windshield retainer

tgejesse

For those of you who have formally up-armored trucks.

When you replaced the windshields, is there a lower windshield retainer?

I spoke with Craig at mac motors and he helped me get the proper ECV retainers for the center and top/sides. But I’m wondering if the ECV trucks are supposed to have a lower retainer as well.

I looked back at old pictures of my m1123 and there very clearly was a lower retainer as well (and it appears there are the same screw locations on the ECV)
1165:
302CE54E-A2F2-49AF-80C1-F55E5691E98C.jpeg

1123:
D7F786B7-9140-4D6F-AB2F-D9475AD8FFB6.png

I believe the part number is: 2510-01-411-0652

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those of you who have formally up-armored trucks.

When you replaced the windshields, is there a lower windshield retainer?

I spoke with Craig at mac motors and he helped me get the proper ECV retainers for the center and top/sides. But I’m wondering if the ECV trucks are supposed to have a lower retainer as well.

I looked back at old pictures of my m1123 and there very clearly was a lower retainer as well (and it appears there are the same screw locations on the ECV)
1165:
View attachment 890303

1123:
View attachment 890304

I believe the part number is: 2510-01-411-0652
I used those lower retainers to help secure the non-armored glass in my formerly up-armored M1151A1. Fit perfectly.

CanadianAR

What if you want to go the other way?

mount the ballistic 3/4” glass in a regular window frame? What needs to be changed for the bottom? The top and centre are obvious.
Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks