• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1165 vs 1165A1 etc

Docjmrmd

we sell turrets for all models of HMMW’s, hand crank and electric turrets.
Website? I'll check 'em out.
So getting back to the DWF, there is nothing special I have to do to take her swimming, assuming all my vent lines are hooked up correct, etc? I have no plans to get her wet, but I do like knowing that she is configured how she was meant to be. And I like to be over prepared, instead of under.
With the older models, you had to stomp the gas to disengage the fan for 20 seconds.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Website? I'll check 'em out.
So getting back to the DWF, there is nothing special I have to do to take her swimming, assuming all my vent lines are hooked up correct, etc? I have no plans to get her wet, but I do like knowing that she is configured how she was meant to be. And I like to be over prepared, instead of under.
With the older models, you had to stomp the gas to disengage the fan for 20 seconds.
i don’t have a website, inventory changes far to quickly in today’s environment, FB and social media is much more effective.
The fording kit allows for depth to 60in, that’s underwater, only USMC trucks use a full kit, army trucks don’t have fording kits and are rated to 30in. Fording is not to cross streams and swamps, contrary to what people want to think, the fording kit is to allow landing craft to shore driving, the worst thing for vehicles is submerging them in water, the amount of post maint work per the TM is quite extensive.

Docjmrmd

i don’t have a website, inventory changes far to quickly in today’s environment, FB and social media is much more effective.

The fording kit allows for depth to 60in, that’s underwater, only USMC trucks use a full kit, army trucks don’t have fording kits and are rated to 30in. Fording is not to cross streams and swamps, contrary to what people want to think, the fording kit is to allow landing craft to shore driving, the worst thing for vehicles is submerging them in water, the amount of post maint work per the TM is quite extensive.
Yep, this is a 2012 USMC 1165A1 that had some of the DWF components removed during demilitarization. Why the ability to drive in 5 feet of water is deemed military no one seems to know. Anyway, I reinstalled the DWF vent valve inside the cab, along with the CDR valve, the cup sensor, and reconnected many of the vent lines. Luckily, they saw fit to leave the elevated exhaust and snorkel. Like I said, I have no desire to take it swimming, but I am a bit of a stickler for "all-original" and want it back as close as I can get it.

I did put new tires on her, and left out those big heavy run flats. Three hour road trip went perfect...except for the 10 miles per gallon.

A turret is extremely tempting. What would it set me back?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, this is a 2012 USMC 1165A1 that had some of the DWF components removed during demilitarization. Why the ability to drive in 5 feet of water is deemed military no one seems to know. Anyway, I reinstalled the DWF vent valve inside the cab, along with the CDR valve, the cup sensor, and reconnected many of the vent lines. Luckily, they saw fit to leave the elevated exhaust and snorkel. Like I said, I have no desire to take it swimming, but I am a bit of a stickler for "all-original" and want it back as close as I can get it.

I did put new tires on her, and left out those big heavy run flats. Three hour road trip went perfect...except for the 10 miles per gallon.

A turret is extremely tempting. What would it set me back?
depends on what flavor….but in excess of $5k

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks