• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A2 & M116A3 Brake Part Interchangeability?

SteveKuhn

I reviewed the TM, looked at a bunch of photos, and I think I figured out that the surge brake assembly on the towing frame and the brake parts from the backing plate outward are the same on these 2 trailers.

Is that correct, or if I'm mistaken, could anyone point me to a reference?

Thanks.

Steve

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, They are interchangeable. Only difference I have seen is some master cyl caps are vented internally and some externally with a slobber tube. Looks more of a production type change and not model specific to A2 or A3. makes absolutely no difference what style cap it is.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have TM 9-2330-202-14&P....
Go to Section E-5: Codes: 258 = M116A2; CT1 = M116A3;
Then go to Fig 8 Brake assembly, see items #1 to #18: all those are usable on codes (UOC) CT1,SPR,TC1,258,263.
Same codes on items #1 to #5, Fig 9, Wheel cylinder.

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks