• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116a2 Question

reset2

I have done a few recoveries of trailers out of Meade and New Castle so far with a bill of sale from GL. The most important things to do is:
1- Working lights
2- Load secure (aurthorties like nothing moving)
2- Safety chains ( I hook a 4foot piece of chain with hooks on each end looped over and around the square hitch tube to the trailers safety chains and coat hanger wired)
3- Bring a grease gun with a needle adapter and cordless 1/8drill bit. this is for emergency grease injection into the hubcap to grease the bearings on the road.
4- Some kind of jack to lift the tounge off the ground if needed.
5- Drive in the slow lane with traffic.

max bowtie

As for chains on My M101A2 and M116A2 trailers. They both were long enough when hooked up to my 2500HD
I did take a 2' length of chain and two quick links just in case.
Thanks for the picture. Yeah I'm definitely gonna be short on chain. Is it just a bolt that secures the chain to the trailer?

max bowtie

Just wanted to thank you all for the advice and help on everything! Had a sucessful recovery!!! The property manager was amazed that I was so prepared haha. Nicest towing trailer I've ever pulled, now I want another one!

FloridaAKM

I have to pickup a trailer outta Atlanta to tow back to Florida. The harbor freight tow lights are the way I am going since my tow vehicle is only 12v & will report back Saturday!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks