• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A2 shocks

BillIdaho

Anyone know what the civilian counterpart for the original GI shocks on an M116A2 would be? The 15 watt guy behind the counter at the local auto parts store said he would have to "open hundreds of boxes" unless I could tell him what it was off of. I KNEW if I told him it was off a military rig he would say something along the lines of "we don't carry military stuff....". I wasn't in the mood to deal with him.
I am rebuilding an M116 into an off-roading trailer for my son. I switched the (unbelievably) heavy original axle for an aftermarket one with electric brakes, and knocked off well over a hundred pounds. While underneath I noticed the shocks had seen better days-about 2 or 3 decades of better days. I figured I might as well switch them out now. I don't need the stupid-expensive Bilsteins like i just put on my Dodge 2500, just something close to original.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you looked at the TM and crossed referenced the part number?

Dexter axle or Redline trailer parts should have something.

Jericho

Look up "Shock absorber interchange" it will list all the major brands by by specs, Size, stroke, "resting , extended" dia, ect just measure yours to compare

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks