• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A2 Trailer questions

andrewharrow22

So I have been doing some research on the forums but I think my wheel question is unanswered and needed some confirmation and advice on next steps

My first step is the desire to put on wheels that match my Toyota 4runner. 2 rims and tires have been purchased. 4 Runner has a 6 lug 5.5inch offset. I was expecting the bolt pattern on my trailer to be 8 bolts from what I have read but check out my pics it only has 5.
20170825_174133.jpg
So my question and advice needed:
Do I need to ditch the axle as it looks to be in really good shape in order to put the wheels on with a potential adapter? I found on another forum a guy had an adapter he bought for I believe a M1101. If I can't use an adapter then I definitely need to buy a new axle in order to use the wheels. I know it will shed a good amount of weight by doing so and is a bonus in this project. Just thought I would ask prior to spending the money.
20170825_174018.jpg
20170825_174031.jpg
Step 2 is to rewire the 24v and to get the frame and platform painted.

If I do replace the axle does anyone want to buy them and the wheels?

Thank you in advance!

McGuyver

Step 1. You have an A1 not an A2 with the 5 lug bud wheels. You'll probably have to replace the entire axle. I looked into hub swaps on mine last year but struck out finding any options for it.

Step 2, no rewiring required, just swap light bulbs

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

andrewharrow22

Thanks guys for the info!

My research would have been much easier if the seller had given me the right model from the start. Now that I search for m116 A1 I find the correct info. I will take it down to the trailer guys to swap out the axle and get started on this project. Thanks again, this site has been great.

harleyhouse

Axle replacement is the easiest way to run the toyota wheels. 6 x 5.5 can be found in an idler axle 3" tube 3500#
You will need to figure out the lower shock mount. Then sell the original axle and wheels to recoup some cost.

andrewharrow22

I am getting ready to list the axle and wheels for sale but have zero idea what they are worth. Classified rules say I need a price but I don't want to insult anyone throwing out a number. Any ideas? I just really want someone to come get them for a reasonable amount.
20170830_180633.jpg
20170830_180657.jpg
20170830_180651.jpg