• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116a3 Bolt Pattern & Wheel Question

ACO43

Howdy,

First post here. I'm looking to possibly get a M116A3 trailer to use as a basis for a small camping trailer build. I understand that they usually come with the 16.5-inch HMMWV 8 lug wheels and tires. I'm thinking of reducing the size of the tires somewhat and I have four 18-inch Ram 2500 wheels (8x6.5 bolt pattern) which I could use to mount some 275/70/18 or 295/70/18 tires. Just want to confirm that the Ram wheels will fit the M116A3. Thanks!

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They should fit. I use the HMMWV wheels on Dexter axles, so there are a lot of trailer rims that do fit also. It's probably one of the best for what you want because of the surge brake and the free reversing in the brake mechanism.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used wheels from a 1 ton Ford van also. Trailer supply places like e-trailer will have wheel/tire combo as most trailers are the same bolt pattern. They are bolt centered.

DSD277

I used some old 8 lug Dodge van wheels on a M101A3, fit fine and with smaller tires, lower the bed height drastically

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks