• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A3 covers and similar covers

Ratch

Anyone familiar with the M116A3 covers?

I picked up a new-to-me M116A3 that had a cover crumpled up on the bed. I laid it out, then tried to install it, and find it's way too big.
It has most of the matching tie-downs that follow the bed contours, but the dimensions are just way too big. The fender cutouts are for monster fenders, not the ones on the trailer.

Is there a larger trailer that takes a similar cover? M103 looks like it will not take this kind of cover, if any at all.

Is there maybe something I'm missing about installing this one? WP_20141001_009.jpgWP_20141001_010.jpg

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
The m103 generator trailers use a similar, but larger cover than the m116 trailers. I'm not 100% sure, but it is very likely that is what your cover fits.

Ratch

Ha, I had less luck with google. That looks like the right size, but mine has eyelets to attach to the bed rather than straps. It looks like it could be the same cover, just newer style.
My googling of M103 shows the A3 as the newest model and designed in the 70's. This cover design is newer than that.

Ratch

Is there a more recent version of the 103a3, like an a5? :)
I'm going back and forth on maybe building a bigger pipe frame and making this one fit.

Ratch

I think I figured this out... It looks like a cover for the LTT generator trailers that were recently released. The contours and dimension, as well as the stand cutouts, all seem to match.

Well that settles it. I guess I'll have to pick up an LTT to put under this brand new cover.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks