• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A3 hub only swap

Little Gus

I have a M116A3 trailer and I do not want to do a full axel swap. I want to keep the original drop axel. What I would like to do is just swap the 8x6.5 hub to a 5x5 hub. Has anyone done this? Does anyone have a part number or info on where I could get this replacement hub?

Attachments

Jeepadict

ETrailer and Croft would have it if it's available to be had. The hydraulic brake system on these was duplicated from boat trailers so we know all of that is easy.

Before you call them, rip one hub apart...get both bearings super clean so you can read the numbers. The bearing numbers will be the key to doing the hub swap.

Tho possible, I think you may find difficult to find a 5-lug with a center big enough for this axle. You might get lucky and your jeep wheels could be available in an 8-lug so they could match visually tho wouldn't be interchangeable.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

SgtMajHarper

I have a M116A3 trailer and I do not want to do a full axel swap. I want to keep the original drop axel. What I would like to do is just swap the 8x6.5 hub to a 5x5 hub. Has anyone done this? Does anyone have a part number or info on where I could get this replacement hub?
I have one I kept original and haul my Mule on it.......I just gotta ask.........what do you carry on yours? I cut between the fenders to widen mine as otherwise I would have to drive up over one fender and it was scary enough just loading anyway. Cutting the fenders and making the space wider has saved a couple of my remaining 9 lives, but it's still spooky driving up. I can only imagine the neighborhood kids lining up with $$$ asking a for a turn to ride up and over both fenders on yours!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks