• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116a3 pintle/hydraulic bolt sizes???

Silvrzuki77

Hey guys, I have another question about a trailer I am looking at getting from GL. Only problem is the pintle has been unbolted and is laying on the deck. Does anyone have any idea what bolts they use?? Worse case I can rent a uhaul I guess but rather drag it home. I checked the service manual but no size were listed.
Thank you guys for any info!!!

chris

zarathustra

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This hitch was made by Mendenhall Industries in Myrtle Beach. I purchased a brand new hitch with the adjustable coupler instead of pintle hitch. That way I can use pintle hitch, or standard ball hitch connections. They were very good to deal with.

Total cost including shipping was 332 which I thought was OK for a completely brand new unit with master cylinder and all --- ready for installation.

It is probably too late now, but there is a chance that the pintle on the ground might not be the one from the brake unit, or that it is bent to the point where it won't work the braking system.

quickfarms

This hitch was made by Mendenhall Industries in Myrtle Beach. I purchased a brand new hitch with the adjustable coupler instead of pintle hitch. That way I can use pintle hitch, or standard ball hitch connections. They were very good to deal with.

Total cost including shipping was 332 which I thought was OK for a completely brand new unit with master cylinder and all --- ready for installation.

It is probably too late now, but there is a chance that the pintle on the ground might not be the one from the brake unit, or that it is bent to the point where it won't work the braking system.
Can you post a picture?

How much adjustment does it have?

Do you know if the adjustable part will fir on the existing actuator?

steelandcanvas

When I bought my M116A3 a few years back, the bolts were missing or loose. This seems to be a common occurrence with these trailers. I strongly suggest you apply some Loc-Tite to the bolts when/if you reassemble.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks