• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A3 Wood Trailer

maxtor

Here are pictures of our M116A3 with wood sides, holding one cord of oak wood. These trailers make great wood haulers. For those who want to adapt a 12 volt four plug system.
22-460 wire goes to green, right turn signal
24-461 wire goes to yellow, left turn signal.
21-489 wire goes to brown, tail lights.
White wire goes to a bolt on trailer for ground.

P1010256.jpgP1010261.jpgP1010257.jpg

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
She's sitting low but holding it fine. Parking brakes are such an advantage for a work trailer. Looks good.

maxtor

Looks good Max. Now you can take one and make a small overnight camper.
I have already modified one so that I can haul extra fuel, water, fishing gear, camping supplies, etc. Our 2014 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited has enough room in the back to sleep one person and a dog. Wife would rather stay home, unless we bring the 5th wheel with bathroom, sink, shower, refrigerator, etc. At 72 she says her roughing it days are past. No tent nor back of the Jeep for her.
So it is the dog and myself. The below is the only way she will go.

2007_0324Image0003.jpg

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Very nice! I have the same trailer, been thinking if I want to build sides or just put a different bed on. Any pics of it empty? How tall are the sides, 48"?

maxtor

Yes the sides are 48 inches. Ken is right, that if you get to much weight to high, and made a sudden turn, it might not be good. My wood source is only two miles away, and I needed the four foot sides to hold the entire cord of wood. Replacing the 37x12.5 tires with a less balloon type tire might make it more stable.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I think that actually might be a dig at me, I've had my deuce on it's side.

Yes, my bed sides would not be that tall if I were to fabricate them. Does your trailer have 48" or more between the wheel wells? Mine does not and I am disappointed.

maxtor

I think that actually might be a dig at me, I've had my deuce on it's side.

Yes, my bed sides would not be that tall if I were to fabricate them. Does your trailer have 48" or more between the wheel wells? Mine does not and I am disappointed.
No, my wood trailer has the stock distance between the wheel wells. Our altered trailer is wider. I am still waiting for the painter to come and paint it.
See below.

P1010184.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks