• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M119 is home

Rattlehead

Finally got to pick up my M119 from Lansing on Friday. I moved the 5th wheel back before picking it up to clear the super singles. Trailer is in good shape overall. Of course the brake lines were damaged from a fork lift, and when I tried the lights they tripped the breaker, so had to wire up my temporary light bar. There was some cobble job wiring at the back. The tires are nearly brand new, the spare IS new. No pics of the recovery, as I was by myself and too busy to mess with a camera. Its only about 75 miles from me, so I was home by noon.

Ship to Kuwait label found inside read:

238th AVIM
595th Transgroup
Ft McCoy

I got the lights working on Saturday and brought both trucks to a car show within walking distance of my house.

Attachments

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Trailer?, what trailer?, all I saw was a sweet looking tractor......I drive by 4 of those 900 series tractors everyday, they have been sitting in a yard here on the range for three years and haven't moved near as I can tell.

That trailer looks like a toy on the back of that tractor.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Rattlehead, the truck dwarfs the 119. The 119 is a great trailer with the full width back doors, you could put a CUCV in there. Here's my vision for your M119. ODI super single wheels and the 15.5 Michelin tires he sells. Singled out and rolling tall to match the M932A2.

ida34

Sweet. I got my brake lines fixed on mine and fixed the one broken window. I also cut off the high security pad lock from the side door. We used them for our arms room and they do not give you any room to cut the lock loop. No way to cut it with bolt cutters. I had to torch the body off then use a cut off wheel to finish the job. I still need to fix the wiring that was ripped off. Now that you hooked up the trailer do you think the tires would have cleared without moving the fifth wheel? Looks like plenty of room to me. Glad everything went well.

Rattlehead

Yeah it looks a little funny for sure! Hmm, I like the ODI wheel idea, though it would cost me far more than the trailer did. Maybe I will just find some 11x20's in the meantime to raise it a bit.

Rattlehead

It wouldn't have cleared without moving it. I may have moved it back farther than necessary, but wanted to be prepared when I got there. Basically, I moved the 5th wheel all the way to the end of the angle iron that its bolted to. Its about 15.5" behind the original location, but I did the math (see previous post) and with this light trailer it didn't really affect the front axle loading.

5th wheel math post
http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=24271&highlight=

citizensoldier

Mine has a F with angel wings??? And says "Wolverine Express " on the back.. I would like to know the unit if anyone figures that stuff out.. I also have a bullet hole through the back !!! Once again I wish this stuff could talk or you just plug in some headphones and listen the story... LOL..

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave: Did the landing legs on the trailer raise it enough to allow you to hook up to the tractor or did you have to block the landing legs?

Kenny: That was the tractor you drove at Aberdeen a few years back.

Rattlehead

BKubu said:
Dave: Did the landing legs on the trailer raise it enough to allow you to hook up to the tractor or did you have to block the landing legs?
It was missing the crank handle, and I couldn't move it using a long drift pin through the hole. They picked it up with a forklift so I could back under it. But the legs do drop far enough to touch the ground when it is hooked.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks