• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M11XX series, remove snout/rebuild front

2mas-

Hi, i was wondering if it is possible to remove the forwarded snout on the m11xx series of the humvees to get a "flusher" look. It looks like the m11xx series have a longer radiator. So I guess there must be done som modifications to it

I want the latest generation humvee but I dont like the looks of the front on it and have been thinking if it is possible to set the "box" with the lights and the front bumber back to where it is "original" on the earlier humvees

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you want to take a superior vehicle and make it inferior, for aesthetics?

Possible but expensive. Radiator and hood supports need to go.

Just buy a M998 and swap in a turbo engine. It will be faster.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Normally I would wonder why anyone would want to go to a smaller radiator in a vehicle that has heating issues to begin with but with the temps soaring to 68F in July you probably will be OK, I would think you would need to change the stack and get the proper brackets.
I would gladly swap with you, logistics would be a bit of a problem.
When I bought my turbo GEP I was offered all the parts to swap to the 11xx front end, wish I had taken him up on it.
BTW I am with you on the looks.

Last edited:

BLK HMMWV

Normally I would wonder why anyone would want to go to a smaller radiator in a vehicle that has heating issues to begin with but with the temps soaring to 68F in July you probably will be OK, I would think you would need to change the stack and get the proper brackets.
I would gladly swap with you, logistics would be a bit of a problem.
When I bought my turbo GEP I was offered all the parts to swap to the 11xx front end, wish I had taken him up on it.
BTW I am with you on the looks.

At one point I planned on adding the extended nose parts to my truck and started acquiring them I have most of the big parts I'm not sure I'm ever going to get around to doing it now.

thoner7

I’d be interested in seeing someone’s build if they did this. Curious if you could keep that big long radiator somehow. The standard size would seem to be enough for civilian use as the H1 were turbos and heavier. I think they used the same one in the alpha with enough cooling too.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’d be interested in seeing someone’s build if they did this. Curious if you could keep that big long radiator somehow. The standard size would seem to be enough for civilian use as the H1 were turbos and heavier. I think they used the same one in the alpha with enough cooling too.
You cannot keep an ECV radiator with the old style hood, the radiator has a 12in support extension that goes in place of the 4in extension, it’s physically impossible. I’ve done many Turbo drive train conversions that use the A0-A2 non-ECV cooling stack just as the H1 does.

GTUnit

Do whatever makes you happy. I think its WAY easier to swap a hood and cooling stack then to swap a motor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks