• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M123E2 recovery trip

AMGeneral

I went Sat to pick up the M123E2 I bought in GA,Clinto,Rdixiemiller and a friend of theirs came by to help in the recovery of this monster,(I don't think I could have done it without them!Thanks many times.)Here are a few pics,Clinto took some also hopefully he will post his.Thanks again guys!!

This is the truck as it arrived home,

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a big beast, but man, we're all glad and proud of you for saving another giant from the scrapper. When your 1+1 = 1 restoration is done, what work do you have in mind for your big toy?

AMGeneral

maddowg308,
Planning on restoring the 123E2 and using it to pull the GOER to shows.

sermis,
The towbar connection points are actually the plates that the shock absorber links bolt to,they are not actually towbar connection points,it just worked out that it was convinent to hook it there.It actually worked out great.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
man how come you guys have all the fun. down here in mudland there are not many of us into MVs and fewer trucks to be saved. glad you got another one home, keep us posted in pics Tim

rdixiemiller

Glad you made it home in one piece. I think you would have had a loooong day changing those tires by yourself! It was a job with 4 of us doing it. Really cool truck, glad I could be a part of the recovery.
This is fun stuff!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I had a great time Saturday, it was nice to meet another Steel Soliders member :beer:

My friend that came with me was Dave, he is the fella who got us the land for the trail ride that I had at my cookout a few months ago....... I am trying to infect him with the green disease.............

Here are the pics, and best of all: VIDEO!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6960752491058668463

And here are all the pics from Saturday:

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/clinto1/M123 Recovery/?start=all

Attachments

EZFEED

Damn thats a big truck!!!!!! :shock:

I myself didn't know they even made a 10 ton! I thought 5 ton was the biggest in these types of trucks.

Man I'd love to have a little wrecker like yours! :)

texas-5-ton

Wow, you have got your work cut out for you General. That looks like it was a job just to get it moved. Once again, it is good to see good honest people helping each other out. Hope that all goes well with your refurb. Wish we had more MV junk in the Texas area to tinker with. Once again, good luck with your "BIG BRUTUS". :beer: