• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M125 and 8in howitzer

123mack

The M1 240mm howitzer. Broken down for transport into major components and towed by M4 high speed tractor. Used by U.S. Army into the 50s'.[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WCwv7PEIPA[/media]

army_nurse

Did you see the powder that they loaded in the first video? it was red bag. thats the real deal!!! nice to watch but not so fun to do after about 5000 times. does take me back. i started out in the FA thats why is changed over to the medical corps. the best part of firing a howitzer is feeling the shock wave from the blast. everything else is the worst part. if you have ever cleaned one then you know what im talking about.

No.2Diesel

PS Monthly 8 Inch

Hi,

Thanks for the video, that's the first time I've seen that combo in action, great stuff.

While perusing the old PS Mags I've found some appropriate literature you might enjoy.

Attachments

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
It's hard to appreciate the size of the 8" projectile in the video. The M106 shell weighs 200lbs and stands about 35" tall. The clip shows 4 guys handling it. They have a raised carrier to get it up to the breach (head height).

5000? I'm beat after moving one across the room.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks