• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M125 winch stuck shear pin

MAZ537

Hello to all,

Recently I was bought an 45k Garwood winch from an M125 10 ton (M125s have an wrecker 45k lbs rear winch installed in the front with a smaller dia sprocket)...
I am trying to remove the shear pin (it was intact not broken) with no luck :
Even cotter pin was present , I have it removed and trying to remove shear pin , goes only about 1cm down and stuck , cut shear pin round head and try to remove it from this side but again the same , moves about 1 cm and then nothing...

Any suggestion , trick , tip , comment is more than welcome !!!

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has it possibly been partially sheared, leaving offset diameters that will not go through the hole because of misalignment? Can you center punch it and drill out to the winch shaft each side, then remove the drive sprocket or yoke and then drive out the remaining pin piece in the winch worm shaft?

Last edited:

CMPPhil

One trick I've seen for knowing if a sheer pin is partially sheered is to scribe a line on both parts when the pin is installed. That way a quick looks will tell you if play is developing or if the pin is part or completely sheered.

Of course I only remember this after the pin as sheered.

Cheers Phil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks