• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M127 Placement

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am going to use my new M127 trailer as for parts storage until I can get my shop built. Has anyone used a military box trailer for storage? Should it be a level as possible or should there be a tilt one way or the other to help with drainage off the top of the trailer? I don't think having the rear doors as the primary location for rainwater run off is best, but i thought i would ask?
James

Attachments

jasonjc

I'd set it so 1) It is easy to load and unload. 2)have the front a little higher than the rear so any water to get in will run out the back doors and not sit in the front. 3)make your self some good steps to get in and out with. A ladder is fine to get in and out with , but not if you are careing stuff.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How goes it Jason? i intend building a small deck just outside the trailers doors so I can set down really heavy stuff with the backhoe. Not too elaborate since it "should" be just for a few months.
James

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
James, that is an M129A2C, right? I thought the M127s were flat bed trailers. If your trailer is indeed an M127, I guess I just learned something new! :-D

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have a 35 foot drop deck commo van (attached to lime green tractor in pic) that is my tool storage/work shop until I get a perm shop.
Get it level and make sure it doesn't leak. I ran all the sheet metal joints with a wire brush on an angle grinder. I then applied sealer to all of them.
My van is designed so that the rear suspension and landing gear can be removed. There are pads on the frame that can be set on a foundation.
Once I get the shop built I will prob set it down and attach it to the shop to be used as a tool crib.

Attachments

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The trailer is located about 130 miles away at my cabin, M127 is what GL had on the Sale lot, I guess I should have a look at the data plate, the trailer is in great shape and the 818 pulls it like it isn't there!
James