• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 project truck needs lotsa stuff...

Mark3395

wtb passenger side hood prop... from the nugs and bolts up. Am holding in place only with the driver side prop and it makes the poor truck look goofy.

Alson need carb gasket kit, all wheel seels, and whatever you recommend to restore one of these machines. It's been in a machine shed since 1982. And yep, it's got no appreciable rust and original paint and markings.

And yes, it needs cab cover and all new seat covers.

Anybody got useful stuff for sale, or a listing of NAPA numbers?

Thanks much.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New M135 will get lotsa stuff

Four months ago I thought MV stood for most valuable. Now I own 2.

I found this 1956 gmc 6x6 with my Dad's birthday month and day stamped on the production label and had to have it.........had to.

I'm on the bottom edge of the learning curve but intend to turn this back into an original.

The box will come off and she'll get a bath before removing and rebuilding everything that needs to be done to get it road worthy.

But........." I think" I'm looking for op manuals 0m9 819A and maint manuals tm9 819A / 1819AA, AB and AC.

I was forwarded to

Steel Soldiers :: Military Vehicles Supersite

by another fantastic MV collector,

because 'everything' seems to be there however can't get' em to load.

Any direction or assistance will be greatly appreciated.

"In preservation and memory of those who have made it possible for me to preserve and remember"

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I have the best luck. Was looking for parts for my early deuce and was sent the following info by Al....................militarytrucks! Great babysitters out there!...thanks Al

Gary's Auto in Edmonton apparently can get the Autolite plugs ms35909-2

[FONT='PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif']As for parts for the truck, they are still available. Simple things like filters can some times be bought at places like NAPA, but there are a lot that you need to purchase from companies that sell original parts.

There are two places I know of to buy parts for the M135/M211 series of trucks. One place is in Canada. The guys name is Brian Asbury and he is located in Milton, Ontario. He is a great guy to deal with and has a ton of parts. The only problem is that he does not have a website or email address, so you need to call him to ask him about parts availability. His number is 519-853-1738.

The second place is called Memphis Equipment. They have a website which lists some of the parts they have for sale, but the problem with them is that they are very expensive. They deal mainly with other companies that run military trucks for commercial use, so they charge more because of that. Here is their website if you are interested: OpenDNS
.......................................................................................................................
I was also trying to check out the tech manuals for the m135 and found everything I needed in the old steel soldiers site. Everything downloaded once I jumped onto "internet explorer". Firefox wouldn't run the pdf's for some reason.

I'm no photographer but here's a few more shots. I also hope they are sized right. If not, feel free to try and teach me a lesson.

Again, I must thank the guys or gals on this site for storing so much incredible info. Beautiful

[/FONT]

Attachments

dabtl

You have a good steering wheel, both front shackles and it appears to be a solid, if neglected, truck. Try finding the shackles and steering wheel anywhere.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the lotsa list begins

Thanks for the support folks. One day at a time.

Steering wheel dabtl? It's surprising what one overlooks.

Affirmative, interior in great shape. So many things right with this MV it's going to be so nice to have it painted in original colors, tarped and ready to parade.

We got'er stuck while playing prior to hauling it to the shop and pulled the right levers for the winch to work 'flawlessly' to pull it and the m1010 out of some Alberta snow.

Thanks deuceman51, Stan....... I will be providing progress and babysitting requirements.

hippiedude

Sweet ........ Get to play with it before you fix it up .... :beer: .... daptl is right ........the steering wheels are all bad ........your lucky ... nice truck ...... Tim

Stan Leschert

Get it dirty, and give it a good run. That way you will find the items that need attention. These trucks were built to be soldier proof (NOT Sailor). It is way better to find out under a controlled environment, what you need to do. When I get the part # for seals, that will be a must do.

If it still leaks, you still have some fluid!

If you can't get the TM to load....after a long time, PM me and I'll send you a CD.
get that puppy rolling!

Last edited:

colin455

Four months ago I thought MV stood for most valuable. Now I own 2.

I found this 1956 gmc 6x6 with my Dad's birthday month and day stamped on the production label and had to have it.........had to.

I'm on the bottom edge of the learning curve but intend to turn this back into an original.

The box will come off and she'll get a bath before removing and rebuilding everything that needs to be done to get it road worthy.

But........." I think" I'm looking for op manuals 0m9 819A and maint manuals tm9 819A / 1819AA, AB and AC.

I was forwarded to

Steel Soldiers :: Military Vehicles Supersite

by another fantastic MV collector,

because 'everything' seems to be there however can't get' em to load.

Any direction or assistance will be greatly appreciated.

"In preservation and memory of those who have made it possible for me to preserve and remember"
Good to see it went to a good home. I looked at that one too but wasn't able to come up with the money in time. Looking forward to updates. I live 2.5 hours north of you and am still trying for a M135. Keep us posted as to how things are going. Not enough "Canadian Content" :)

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The box is off and the 'peacekeeper' got a bath. What I found out she needs will fill up this page so..........

The tail gate and the radiator are good!!! Just kiddin', there's lotsa good stuff on this one, .......really........lotsa good stuff.

More needs details to come as time permits.

Does anyone know if there is a way to find out where these trucks went and what they did after they came out of the factory? It would be cool to have the 54 years of history behind this toy. Could it have been used by the Canadian Peace Keepers in Egypt?

One of the following pics is what it will look like when it's done and I hope I didn't break any copyright rules by posting it. SDave could run me over with one of his thousand toys.

Attachments

nattieleather

It's going to look like a halftrack when your done....boy do you have a lot of work a head of you.... :lol:

Actually the truck looks good and not to much to fix it up. Keep us posted on the work.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love the mudflaps on the front bumper. It must've been backing up a lot really fast! Or maybe it served in the French Army. :p

Stan Leschert

The front fenders are flat in front, unlike the M-35 series. If you are driving fast in the mud, it flies forward and gunks up your windshield. Then you have to stop and scrape it off. That truck was optimized for use on Alberta roads!

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
muddin flappin

I figure once I drop the mud flaps I can wire'em together and use them as tracks on the rears....and sell it back to the French army?........as a half track.

Affirmative on the Alberta flaps Stan.....Apparently worked a coal mine in the Grande Cache area but I am still diggin for details on the history being that I dug everything from coal to tar sand out of the frame rails.

Had a little WD40 over spray get on the name plates and dash and when I wiped it off.......the dull plates cleaned up and the dusty green dash shined like my head on a hot day.

The dash doesn't need paint anymore but am I right in guessing the old, dusty, original(?) paint absorbed the WD40 and even sandblasting won't take the oils out of steel?

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
now i need more stuff

Got at the M135 CDN with grinders last night. The body is all good with the exception of the rear window and slider channel. While cutting rusty parts out......the gas tank started leaking.

This girls got a personality because instead of exploding she let me know with a mild scent and the first signs started slowly dripping off the mounting bracket. We probably stood on the tank and popped the rust loose.

After draining and inspecting the tank it's clear that the truck's in good shape because all the rust is in the tank.

So now I need a fuel tank!!!!! Gary, Dave, anyone?

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Worst case scenario, if you can't find a used fuel tank, drain the tank, let it air out REAL WELL for about a week in a dry, warm environment, and then do the metal repair yourself.

If you are lucky enough to find a used tank, however, I'd recommend getting the tank cleaned and the inside coated with a sealant, you can get that done at most any radiator shop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks